Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Pellet gun maker, What pellet gun do you shoot? >

Pellet gun maker, What pellet gun do you shoot?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pellet gun maker, What pellet gun do you shoot?

Old 04-09-2004, 10:00 AM

Default RE: Pellet gun maker, What pellet gun do you shoot?

I shoot a Daisy Red Rider, and it probably has 1,000,000 BB's through it and a whole lot of pigeons and other nasty critters under its belt!
Old 04-09-2004, 11:37 AM

no offence big bore, but my bro has that gun and its not enough to drop a chipmunk!!! so i dunno about the pigeons and everything..
Old 04-09-2004, 02:30 PM

Awww, man, how are you gonna knock the Red Ryder? We have these pigeons that nest in the roof of the apartments across the lawn from me, and they are always walking around in the yard. Alas, at night, we pop them, and it works pretty well. However, if I could let the 12 gauge howl I would . I have had that gun since I was 5, and it is not in danger of being replaced. More sentimental than anything. My post was meant to be more humorous than anything, and I certainly realize the "limited" power of the old Daisy.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:17 AM

Benjamin .177
Old 04-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

RWS 52 & Sheridan Blue streak
Old 04-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Sheridan Blue Streak with a 1.5-5X32 Simmons. If I do my part I can the chipmunk in the face every time in the stone wall behind the house (40 yds. w/7 pumps) They stick their face out and I push it in for them.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:19 PM

I dont know much about Air Guns but Van Jacobi over at AirHog is a good friend of mine, he told me that Falcon Air Guns will have a new model out that will go through a 2x4 (piece of lumber) at 50yds. Keep in mind this is not a spring piston, reverse recoil type gun. It does use a Air cylinder to pressurize it though.

You would have to contact him if you wanted more info on it.

CB
Old 04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
DM

I have (3) 177's, a RWS 45, a Gammo multishot, and an old Chez gun my father bought me when i was 9 yrs old. I also have a Daisy BB rifle.

I've had the RWS 45 since about 1980 and YES i've chronoed it. It did just over 900 fps with heavy pellets, and 1,050 with light ones. It's very accurate, and has accounted for a lot of squirells, and other small animials. I've been shooting both "hollow point", and "pointed pellets" for hunting.

Drilling Man
Old 04-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an old Pleasure KS-1, .22 cal air rifle. I was told that it was used by the Chinese army to teach young "recruits" marksmanship and they had to master the basics of marksmanship before they would use real rifles. It is very accurate although I believe the seal or whatever inside could use some attention as the pellet is not too fast. But it does do a wonderful job on rabbits/crows in the vegetable garden with head shots. It has a fully rifled barrel and really "POPS" when you shoot it with a rather loud recoil for an air rifle. I just shoot from an old tin of Daisy pellets (pointed).

I bought it from an old guy who lived in public housing and couldn't have any weapons on property. I paid $5 for it. But he wouldn't take the $50 I offered him for the old octagonal barrel .22 lever he had too. Darn it.

If anyone could tell me ANYTHING about this Pleasure KS-1 or maybe a source of parts for it I would really appreciate it as all I know is the story I was told. I hand made a new seal for the recess where the barrel hinges and locks up to the "receiver", but I would really love to rebuild this thing. I don't know though, maybe it is still shooting just as fast as new. I have no idea what it should shoot FPS-wise.

Any help?

I also just bought one of my boys a brand new Red Ryder and it is rated at 280 fps I think. But it's easy to cock with a barrel full of BB's it's alot of fun for him but probobly not enough to kill more than a sparrow sized bird.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 04-20-2004, 09:25 AM
bigcountry

I am curious. Why use pellets over BB's? I use sabots in muzzleloading and shotguns for terminal performance but can get excellent accuracy out of roundballs. I am wondering why people use pellets. Same reason for muzzleloading?

Quick Reply: Pellet gun maker, What pellet gun do you shoot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.