Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 AuctionArms.com >

AuctionArms.com

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AuctionArms.com

Old 03-14-2004, 09:18 PM

Default AuctionArms.com

Any one ever bought a gun from this online auction?

I'm considering a rifle that's up on auction. The rifle is factory new so there's no question about the shape of it. The seller has good ratings but I'm still not sure.

Any feedback?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: AuctionArms.com

I have a friend that uses them all the time . He gets some very good deals there . He just got one this week that he saved $600 off of the going price . He also says the chance of getting burned is there . good luck
Old 03-15-2004, 04:52 AM

It's an excellent place to find used guns or accessories, but I'd question why anyone would need to buy a new gun there. I would think you could find a local dealer to sell you a new gun just as cheap if not cheaper. You've got to figure after the dealer tacks on his markup and your FFL guy tacks on his fee, the local FFL could sell you the gun cheaper. Use the prices on new guns on AA as a bargining chip with your local FFLs.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never used auctionarms but i have used gunsamerica and so far i haven't had any problems. Anytime you buy this way you always have a chance of getting burned. Just make sure you know a little about the person you're dealing with and get a phone number and talk to the seller and deal that way instead of through e-mails. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I bought two firearms from a dealer at AuctionArms.com. I was very pleased with the site, and the guns arrived as described. It's the only auction site I prefer, due to its layout, ease of use, and large number of auctions.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have used them alot, for certain items that I can't find through my normal connections.
Got a bad deal twice.....both were made good. Although it took a little persuasion on one of them.
Check their feedback and see if they use it alot.
The people that are there for a one time sell are more likely to burn you.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:18 AM

The only reason I'm even considering it is because of the price. His price is nearly $100 lower than I can find around here from any of the local dealers. After it's all said and done...depending on the final price....I could save app. $80.

Is $80 worth the chance...I'm not sure yet. Haven't decided.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only reason I'm even considering it is because of the price. His price is nearly $100 lower than I can find around here from any of the local dealers. After it's all said and done...depending on the final price....I could save app. $80.
That was my original reason for buying online. But then I saw how much of a larger selection Auction Arms has compared to my local dealers. Just do a little check on the dealer you'll considering doing business with. Does he/she have a store, how long have they been selling, do they take credit cards or only checks/money orders (CC's leave a long paper trail, whereas a MO is easier to cash and run with). Just common sense type things.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

YOur better off buying guns from a local dealer...it is simply not worth it to buy it online unless you know the dealer who is auctioning it off. I have heard more bad then good concerning this. I have sold a lot of guns on Gunbroker and Auction ARms but buy all my guns from a local guy who is cheaper then anyone that I have yet to come across. I was recently tempted to buy a really nice used gun on Auction arms but after transfer fees and shipping etc...better off dealing locally.