Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.17?

Old 03-12-2004, 03:46 PM

Default .17?

i am really trying to fiond a good deal on a .17 does anyone know any websites of where i can find good deals?. . . i dont care if it is used but i would prefer a break action

also what is everyone input on this caliber?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:27 PM

Default RE: .17?

Centerfire or Rimfire?

If you are looking for the centerfire .17 Remington, then the only break action you will be able to find it in will be the Encore or Contender by Thompson Center. And while I am a little bit of a fan of the .17 Rem., good luck finding ammo.

If you are talking about the rimfire .17 HMR, then you are a little better suited to choices. Take your pick from bolt acitons, semi autos, and I belive there are even a few lever guns on the market, but the only break actions I am aware of are the Thompson Center (if they manufacture a rimfire frame) and the New England Firearms. I don't know what the TC will go for, but the latter shouldn't be more than a little over $100. I bought a NEF Sportster in .22 WMR for $115 if I am not mistaken so the .17 shouldn't be much more and it comes with a bull barrel. I am pretty sure that this is cheaper than the TC as well.

Good luck in finding what you are looking for.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

ROSSI also makes a break action .17 rim fire.

Robin
Old 03-13-2004, 05:39 AM

i was talkin rimfire the .17 hmr
Old 03-13-2004, 05:40 AM

my buddy coyotepup has one and i love it