Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Assault weapon ban upheld >

Assault weapon ban upheld

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Assault weapon ban upheld

Old 03-02-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Assault weapon ban upheld

The ban on the sale of assault weapons due to expire in September has been extended. Also passing was a bill to require background checks at Gun Shows to be the same as if you were buying from a gun shop. What do ya think of all this ?
Old 03-02-2004, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Assault weapon ban upheld

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...3&section=news
Old 03-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had not heard this yet although I knew the vote was this week. I think it stinks. I don't believe in the government rationing out our rights as they see fit. The liberal but heads are determed that they will see the end of gun right. Bush was between a rock and a hard spot with this comming up in an election year. With a bit over half of the people falling into the liberal catagory, Its a tough deal.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a bunch of crap. Stupid bill passed based on feelings and not logic. Hopefully Bush will stand up for our rights and not let this bad bill continue to live. 10 years and crime has only risen with this and other "gun control" laws.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yah, I saw that.Very unfortunate to say the least.I have to apologize to everyone for Florida's sorry Democrats, Senators Graham and Nelson.I figured they would vote against us which they did.Thankfully Graham dropped out of the Presidential race.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Needless legislation for a non-existant problem. I can see restriction of full auto weapons but semi's shouldn't be included, they already restrict the magazine capacity to 10 rds. Don't these fools realize that the guns being used in crimes are NOT legal, so why restrict the rights of law abiding citizens. They should enforce the laws that are on the books already instead of coming up with feel good laws that don't work. I don't get this thing with the gunshow loophole, if you buy a gun at a show you have to go through a NICS check, just the same as buying it in a shop.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

The whole bill was voted down. They tried to add the AWB extension on to the anti lawsuit bill so the whole thing died.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113046,00.html
Old 03-02-2004, 06:43 PM

I love all this bull. Gun laws are not enforced, yet we need more of them. And anyone with a little time to do some research will find that many areas that have the tightest gun control laws also have the highest crime rates. Perhaps we should outlaw cars, fists, baseball bats, knives, etc. cause they must all cause crime too....
Old 03-02-2004, 11:01 PM

Before everyone gets all bent out of shape, it might be worthwhile to find out what really happened. ASMag12 seems to be the only one who bothered to read and report the facts. For those of you who didn't:

"The Senate voted 90-8 to defeat the bill that would deny victims the opportunity to sue gunmakers and dealers when their products are used in a crime. The vote followed a 52-47 vote to attach an amendment that would have renewed for 10 years the assault weapons ban (search) set to expire this year.

Ten Republicans broke party ranks to extend the ban: Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island, Susan Collins of Maine, Mike DeWine of Ohio, Peter Fitzgerald of Illinois, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Richard Lugar of Indiana, Gordon Smith of Oregon, Olympia Snowe of Maine, George Voinovich of Ohio and John Warner of Virginia.

Six Democrats voted against extending the ban: Max Baucus of Montana, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Zell Miller of Georgia, Ben Nelson of Nebraska, Russ Feingold of Wisconsin and Harry Reid of Nevada. " Fox News

The above senators should each be remembered when they come up for election again; especially the Democrats who broke ranks and voted like men. Those of us who can vote out the ten wimp Republicans, should start now to get that done. It does little good to preach to the choir here. We all need to make sure that we and all our friends are voting to clean out that collection of clowns in DC who consistently vote against our interests.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: icthruu

I love all this bull. Gun laws are not enforced, yet we need more of them.
Yeah, good laws are not enforced, but you can bet you sweet pertooty, if they banned guns, they'd be comming around to pick 'em up!

As much as I hated to see the lawsuit bill fail, I'm glad that our "friends" made sure that the AWB, and the Gun Show bills bit the dust with it!

As Westbronco said, we need to remember our friends and especially our enemies, come election day!

Quick Reply: Assault weapon ban upheld

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.