Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Taurus Model 17 Tracker >

Taurus Model 17 Tracker

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Taurus Model 17 Tracker

Old 02-20-2004, 03:12 PM

Default Taurus Model 17 Tracker

This pistol has really caught my attention. Anyone have experience with this particular pistol? I don't own any pistols. Would this be a decent first pistol for target practice and plinkin'? I see that it comes in several barrel lenghts, what is the difference?
Old 02-21-2004, 08:06 AM

Default RE: Taurus Model 17 Tracker

I have this gun and its fun to shoot. Mine does seem to have one problem though. After some shots it is hard to cock. It seems as if the brass has been set back against the frame thus not letting the cylinder turn easily. I have heard that this was the reason why don't see revolvers with bottleneck cartridges. I do not believe that this revolver would make a good starter gun. I would think that the Ruger Single Six or Super Single Six in 22LR would be much better to start with and lots cheaper to shoot. There is something special about a single action revolver.If you would want a semiauto I would look at the Browning Buckmark which is also a 22LR. JMHO