Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Thompson Center Encore rifle. >

Thompson Center Encore rifle.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thompson Center Encore rifle.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default Thompson Center Encore rifle.

This past fall I bought a T/C Encore stainless 209x50 and just love it. Was thinking about getting another barrel for this rifle. Maybe a 270 Winchester. Do any of you folks out there have multiple barrels for your Encore? How do you like them? Thanks for your time.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:51 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Thompson Center Encore rifle.

got a best friend with one. He elected to order barrels from Bullberry and let me tell ya, it shoots like a match gun. He has a 270 barrel for sale right now that he got from T/C.

Old 02-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have the 209X45, 308, 22-250 and the 12ga turkey barrel and I'm very satisfied with them all. One of the best things I done, was send my frame to EABCO and had an action job done on it. Its been the best $40 I've ever spent.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:13 AM

these encores seem to be top notch !!

unfortunatly i will have to wait to buy one untill i move to maine. since my old C.V.A is in rough condition.plus that i need a LTC to own one. i like the idea of ust buying a new barrel than a new gun. will be alot easier to talk the wife into buying a new barell than a enitirely new gun.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:16 AM

I have a few.I want one about 28"-30" long, Bull Barrel in the Lazzeroni Warbird caliber .I don't know if one of the companys will make one or not.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

I believe the Lazzeroni's just like the WSM calibers have too much bolt thrust to be chambered in the TC Encore. You can read a little about this on eabco.com. These guys make Encore barrels in a lot of calibers that TC doesn't. They don't make them in WSM chamberings because of the thrust issue. You cannot get the Remington ultra mags either. You have to choose between the 300 Win. mag or the 300 Weatherby.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

I respect this system so much, I have thinned out other rifles I wouldn't use because of the accuracy and the versitility of the Encore.
T/C does a great job with their workmanship and customer service. Hopefully the first precludes the need for the second.
This year I am thinking of the 12ga. vent rib bbl for trap shooting.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Typical Buck

Swamdog and superpig, you may want to check out www.virginvalleyguns.com The Warbird is not listed, but there are several other offerings from Lazzeroni for the Encore.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:25 AM

T/C Ean, Thanks If I go that route I guess I have to settle with the Lazzeroni "SCRAMJET"It is the Baddest you can stuff in an Encore..257( .85 grain) muzzle 4000 f.p.s..................drop 5.7 @ 400 yds.Sounds like fun to me......
Old 02-26-2004, 12:47 AM
Typical Buck

Swampdog, if you're wanting something based on the 308, they do offer the Patriot. Its not as bad as the Warbird, but it may be worth a look.

Quick Reply: Thompson Center Encore rifle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.