Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remmington 700's >

Remmington 700's

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remmington 700's

Old 02-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remmington 700's

My kmart remmington shoots great and I saved 200 dollars as well.Kmart and walmart can buy alot from the manufacture and get a discount price from remmington. Saying that the guns are second rate is untrue. If thats the case is an IBM computer sold at walmart different from one sold at best buy? Get real!
Old 02-13-2002, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big Ed we have a local chainstore that is lower priced than Walmart and I know they don't sell seconds .They buy from the same distributor I used to when I was a dealer . You buy on different levels according to your volume . They make thier money on thier accesories not the guns they sell that only gets you in the store .
Old 02-13-2002, 05:18 AM

The last (and I do mean LAST!) two guns I bought from a Walmart were both defective out of the box. I'm talking serious mechanical defects, that one would think would never get past inspection at the factory. BTW, Walmart won't accept returns on guns. They told me basically, tough s****, send it to the factory...
Old 02-13-2002, 08:56 AM

halcon,
What I said about Wal Mart is TRUE, this comes from knowing a local gunsmith that gets alot of people in wanting repairs. Ever see a short chambered Rem 700 in 7mm REM Mag? It's scary. As to how I know, I live about 30 min.s from Wal Marts HQ. Does inside info mean anything to you??? What I heard came from a former factory sales rep. for Marlin that had to deal with Wal Mart and also another fellow who purchased firearms for them.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

No matter what urban legend a friend-of-a-friend might tell you, no manufacturer is going to risk its reputation and liability to sell a few more items at a big chain store. Remington isn't going to make unsafe junk on purpose to entry level buyers- it would be suicidal for a business to do so. The rifles sold at Walmart are not top shelf stuff, they have the cheapest stocks and finishes and are aimed at the low budget buyer. You could buy or order the same rifles from a gun dealer if you wanted to though at a higher price.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Host of Hosts

Well my best friend's, sister's, cousin's,uncle worked for Marlin and the only thing that you might and I repeat might find at a large chain store is a small blemish on a stock or a slight scratch in a barrel. You guys are making it sound like they are selling unsafe firearms, they're NOT.

Quilly, maybe your problems were due to improper care, three hundred rounds without a problem, then all of a sudden poof its bad????

Edited by - fight4yourguns on 02/13/2002 18:52:15
Old 02-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

bwortman: my opionion to yer question about the rem m700's being "second rate" that you can buy in wal-mart is. The 700's ya buy in wal-mart are great but,,, they are the 700 ADL. I prefer the 700 BDL do to the fact that you can get em in more modern calibers (25-06,,223,,280,,etc...)& when unloading you dont have to eject each shell(work the bolt to get each individual shell out of the gun)to unload it,,,The BDL has a hinged floor plate which opens up with the flick of a finger & 4 shells fall out.To my findings & beliefs the m700 wherever bought is a good shooter.
Have a great day
mike
Old 02-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fight4yourguns, Are you sure you got all those people you mentioned in the right order?Are you sure it's not your uncle's, best friends, cousins, sister?Just checking.Wal*Mart doesn't sell inferior guns. Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-13-2002, 08:40 PM

The simple solution is to support a gun/hunting specific store that is able to provide the hunter/shooter will additional support, answers, & knowledge that everyone inevitably needs.

Quick Reply: Remmington 700's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.