Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How many of u have a FFL and how hard is it too get? >

How many of u have a FFL and how hard is it too get?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How many of u have a FFL and how hard is it too get?

Old 02-03-2004, 07:09 PM

Default How many of u have a FFL and how hard is it too get?

Thanks in advance. I am a advitt gun collector and I am always buying and selling but I am getting tired of paying all the surger chargers too have my guns shipped too a ffl dealer. How much does it cost too get and is it a pain in the butt?
Old 02-03-2004, 07:22 PM

Default RE: How many of u have a FFL and how hard is it too get?

I just appied for a C&R Liscense. It allows you to buy and sell from a personal collection firearms that are considered Curios and Relics. Detalis at this site ATF-C&R. It's a big document, but it lists what you can and can't get. Still need to document all transactions, but not as stringent for lack of a better word and or as expensive as a regular FFL. Cost is $30 for C&R for 3 years vs $200 or $300 for the regular FFL.

I thought seriously about doing the FFL, until I found out what rights you supposedly give away. The feds can supposedly come into your house or business 24/7 to check your books. I have never seen that in writing, but have heard it from a couple of FFL holders. I didn't think I needed the headache.

How's the weather up there, I'm just north of Brainerd!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How many of u have a FFL and how hard is it too get?

I had one for many years. I turned mine in when billy bob clinton took office. When I got mine it was quite simple but I have no Idea what it might involve now since they have passed acouple more trash cans full of gun laws since then.[:@] LIBERALS!!!!#*^%#*(**