Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Why doesn't my son want to use his new BB gun? >

Why doesn't my son want to use his new BB gun?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Why doesn't my son want to use his new BB gun?

Old 02-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why doesn't my son want to use his new BB gun?

It could be he isn't interested. Or, it could be something else. Why not talk to him and see why he doesn't want to shoot it. It could be that maybe one or more of his teachers are brainwashing him into thinking that guns are bad news. Don't drill him, just try to get to the bottom of the matter. And if it is a teacher or some other figure of authority, confront them and tell them that they sould keep their opinions to themselves about firearms, hunting etc. and stick to teaching or whatever else they do.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:38 PM
bigcountry

I think he is doing right. I always had more interest in bows than I did to guns until about 5 years ago. Started reloading very heavy and now shoot the bow once every two weeks to keep my arm in shape. I had the BB gun when I was 6 and it just got boring. I know he hasn't started shooting yet so it shouldn't be boring. But to me the BB gun couldn't kill a deer, so what was the point. Couldn't afford 22 ammo, but I could go out shoot my bent up arrows all day. Before 5 years ago I took more deer with a bow than I did with a gun. Since moving to MD with very large deer limits with a gun, the tables has turned. I still love bow hunting, probably more than gun hunting. It has given me 2 decades of stories.

My older brother is going up to almost 40, and he won't touch a gun for hunting. He only has interest in the bow.

I doubt it has anything to do with antigun stuff. Just a BB gun can get boring. For some reason the bow can be much more exciting. Thats the reason I love handloading. It has made range shooting so much more interesting.

Old 02-17-2004, 04:53 PM

does his friends have bb guns?
if so maybe he would hve mor fun hunting with his freinds, or maybe his friends have better guns and hed afraid they will make fun of him for having a smaller bb gun.
butt i dont know im not a professional on kids behaviors