Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Got a New Rifle Today! >

Got a New Rifle Today!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Got a New Rifle Today!

Old 01-13-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Got a New Rifle Today!

I went today to my dealer shop and traded a handgun i had, since I have 4, for a new deer rifle that I have been looking at for about a month or so and considering. It was a New Enland Firearms single shot with a gray and black striped laminated stock, mounts and scope, though cheap(Bushnell low line) in 7mm-08 rem. caliber. I really like this rifle. It was brand new. I am in the midst of giving it an overall cleaning tonight before I start shooting it. It has a 22 inch barrell. I can't wait to see how it shoots and its accuracy. What do you all think. I know I have the .308, but I was thinking in a few years my son will be hunting and it would be a good caliber for him to start with , especially being a single shot for safety. Thanks
Old 01-14-2004, 06:03 AM

Default RE: Got a New Rifle Today!

I think youll be very happy with this gun. I have owned several over the years and have been happy with them all. I curetlly have one in .243 which I bought for my girl friend and plan to use it as a starter gun for my kids. It shoots very well and is easy to opperate so learning safty is easyer for the new shooter. I got the one with the black youth stock so it fits smaller shooter well. The 7-08 is know for being a accuarte round with lighter recoil and plenty of power for deer also. Try a few different rounds to see which yours shoots best. I think you made a good dission with your new gun.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

You lucky dog. I would love to have one of those. I have one in 280. It shoots very well. I also have a 44 mag Nef and a 223 synthetic nef.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 7mm-08 is a sweet gun. I'm sure you will love it.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntsalot...You bought a quality firearm. If you are looking for good groups on paper, you may want to send the gun back to have the trigger lightened. They do it for $20, and it makes one hell of a difference. I have a Handi-Rifle in .223, and the groups were cut in half...Down below 1" at 100yds...

From all I hear about it, I'm really going to have to check into a 7mm-08...