Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Beware shipping anything Fed ex!!! >

Beware shipping anything Fed ex!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Beware shipping anything Fed ex!!!

Old 01-02-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Beware shipping anything Fed ex!!!

I used to love them because they were cheap but be aware.... I sent a handirifle with extra barrel to a fellow member. Fed ex lost it. Well, I think no problem because I have insured it for $299. Wrong, they denied my claim. I have to send a receipt that proves I paid at least $299 for the rifle. Here is the fun part, it had an extra barrel in there. How am I ever going to prove that I had an extra barrel in there??? So I am refiling the claim and witht the receipt for the barrel and the receipt for the the gun. I will report back to you guys the outcome. But I told them their policy is ridiculous. You can declare the value anything you want but you have to prove it later if THEY lose the item. And there could be anything in there too. I told the manager I could dig up a receipt for another rifle at $400. How would they know the difference. Then she says they are going to look for the rifle in their lost and found (overhead section) and if they find it send it back to me. I say great, then I have to pay twice to ship it. She said they might be able to not charge me twice. Oh boy, what great people they are, they suck! If you send something fed ex, you better have a receipt and write a detailed description of what is in the box just in case THEY lose it. You will need to prove that YOU are not a criminal. The other thing is I owe this guy money that bought the rifle and Fed ex is screwing around trying to screw me out of my money on something they lost. I didn't lose the item, they did. Plus this is costing me a bunch of time, calling and following up.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:16 PM

Default RE: Beware shipping anything Fed ex!!!

what's the rules on shipping a firearm? Don't you have to have an FFL? Is so couldn't you get the fed's involved? Probably not worth the fed's time but it could work.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:01 PM

If you shipped a rifle to your buddy and he doesn't have a FFL then you've got bigger problems than your loss claim, you've committed a felony. I'd be a little more careful about posting this on the internet if I were you.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:45 PM

I shipped it to a dealer chosen by the member. It was all legal.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:29 AM

UPdate from fed ex hell. Even though I declared value at $299 and have a copy of a receipt to prove it, their employee only entered $0 in the system for declared value of the item. I Therefore, they only want to pay me $100. So I had to fax (for the third time) the two receipts and the shipping receipt back over to claims and wait another 5 days. I shipped another item that day that I declared at $195 (marked clearly on my receipt) The fed ex employee also entered that one as $0 declared value. Next stop small claims court. I am not responsible for their employees not entering the proper amount into the system. I will NEVER send something worth over $100 fed ex again (up to $100 is an automatic payment).
Old 01-15-2004, 04:01 PM

Sounds like one of the Fedex boys got himself a nice gun.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:38 PM

I used to be a real big fan of FedEx and all but ever since they lost one of their better guys on a little island out there in the Pacific (later recovered of course), the WHOLE company just hasn't been the same.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:45 PM

A nice little gun that breaks open every time you pull the trigger. Those bastards better pay me though. THEY are the ones that lost that rifle, I hope the filing fee for small claims court is not too high, I can't let this go. I got to pay the buyer of the rifle back and I am not going to lose money because FED EX LOST my rifle. No way!