Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nikon vs. Leupold >

Nikon vs. Leupold

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nikon vs. Leupold

Old 12-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nikon vs. Leupold

I am buying a new scope for my Browning stainless stalker in .300wsm I am going with something around 4-12x40 .. I am up in the air about brand .. I have a couple of Nikon Buckamsters and a few Leupold VX 11 And 111"s . I have had no problem with either brand and as for being clear my eyes can't see a difference. I want either a Monarch or the VX 111 but for the extra $100 what am I gaining with the VX.. both are 1 piece tube and warranted for life..Bill
Old 12-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nikon vs. Leupold

Between those two scopes it would be just a matter of which one looks best to you. Both are quality scopes. I think I would pick the Nikon if it were for me. I think they are clearer.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep in mind that Leupold is replacing the VariX-III with the new VX-III. Once the new VX-III's hit the shelves, hopefully you will be able to get some good deals on the discontinued line. I'm hoping to find a closeout or find a good used VariX-III this spring myself.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:26 PM

For the money saved you can't beat the Nikon over the Leupold, for customer service, IF it is ever needed, Leupold beats them all hands down, period.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

338 I owned a SS stalker in 300 wsm and I had a 2.5x8x36 vari-xIII mounted on it and the scope looked great on it and because its lightweight didn't throw thebalance off on the rifle. With that said I would wait and see what the new Leupie VX-III look like before I made any decisions . Reviews on Nikon customer service on this board have not given me a whole lot of confidence in their product.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Host of Hosts

I have a few of both and don't see a noticable difference between them. I do have concerns on Nikon's customer service
Old 12-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

There's a reason that virtually every Military sniper unit, and Law enforcement sniper units use Leupold. I have never in 14 years as a Police sniper seen a rifle with a Nikon on it. The only other brand I see used is night force. I'm not saying that Nikon is bad, however, you can't beat the Leupold quality, customer service, and lifetime warranty. I guess I rely on them in a different capacity than the average guy.

Just my 2c

cybersniper
Old 12-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

The difference in the money isn't worth it. I've got both Nikon and Leupold scopes in rifle scopes and pistol scopes and can't tell any difference in either. If I had it to do all over again, I'd left the Leupolds on the shelf and the extra cash in my pocket.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have both myself and for me I will only be getting nikon in the future. I just think they are clearer. Now I cannot say as to customer service as I have never had to use it.

good luck

Brian
Old 12-28-2003, 02:16 AM

I own several Leupolds and only one Nikon. They are both quality scopes but I like the Leupolds better. I have dealt with Leupolds' customer service in the past and they are excellent. When something is guarenteed for life, I want quality customer service.

Quick Reply: Nikon vs. Leupold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.