Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 So, you like big guns huh >

So, you like big guns huh

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

So, you like big guns huh

Old 12-16-2003, 02:52 AM

Default So, you like big guns huh

For those who have a weakness for the big, and I mean BIG bores, check this out;
[link]http://www.accuratereloading.com/videos.html[/link]

Can you say recoil ?
Old 12-16-2003, 12:48 PM

Default RE: So, you like big guns huh

Holy Schmoly!!!! Did you see the one where he was shooting the T-Rex from the bench????

That would not only pop fillings out of teeth but detach a few retinas too!!!!!

Where'd I put my .22???
Old 12-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Ouch!!!![]
Old 12-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

i love that site!! i have it bookmarked from someone who posted it a while back.....great site...nothing like seeing REAL big bores! i love it
Old 12-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't shoot this baby in the prone position.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:26 PM

The cutting edge of big bore wild cats is a pretty "wild" place with out a doubt.

Most of what I see on these "clips" are "suckers" that have been set up as entertainment for the hosts and owners of the guns.

If you own a magnum or big bore and are going to let some one shoot it you have an obligation to work them up to it and do it in a fashion that won't get them hurt.

At Magfest 2003 (in July) we worked folks through from through 7mmRemMag, 300winMag, 338WinMag, 375HH Mag, 416RemMag, 416 Rigby, 45-70, 458WinMag, to 500 Nitro Express with the intent of teaching people how to do it right and not get hurt. None of our participants experienced anything like what I saw in these clips.

Very bad form and a service to no one.
EKM
Old 12-17-2003, 08:43 PM

After seeing that i think anyone who wants to see that is just lookin for a beating.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:17 PM

11,000 foot pounds is a LOT of recoil to say the least!! Never having shot anything larger than 30.06, 45-70 or 12ga I can't say I speak from experience but these people obviously had even less than I do. THESE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS! All of them were either standing staight up or a few were even leaning back. That is definately NOT the way to handle recoil. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was taught to lean INTO the shot. Many if not all had poor grips at best. One of them didn't even have it in the pocket of his shoulder. It was on his bicep! Clearly a prime example of the blind leading the stupid!

The website is very entertaining though. A lot of great hunting footage and other amusimg clips. Love that Taliban Olympics!!! For anybody interested in loading and shooting some of these super monster rounds there is a wealth of info there. Loved the sithe though. Just had to add it to my favorites list.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

I can't stop laughing. Those are some f'n hilarious videos.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:34 PM

WHY ?

Quick Reply: So, you like big guns huh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.