Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Concerning Albino Deer.... >

Concerning Albino Deer....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Concerning Albino Deer....

Old 12-03-2003, 07:12 PM

Default Concerning Albino Deer....

Hey you hunters out there, I just moved to NC and somehow I got into deer hunting. Well, I know all the regulations except for one:

"Is it legal to shoot an Albino deer?"

Please let me know because I have seen one in my property and thinking about shooting it.

Thanx.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concerning Albino Deer....

I don't know the law in your state, but don't shoot it unless you want a full body mount.....roughly $2,000...............take it from there.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:26 PM

Hahaha, thanks for the tips there Vapodog, but I don't have $2000 to spend on a mount so why not shoot it, and get a shoulder mount?

Are you saying that I should let someone else shoot it so it can be full-body mounted?

Thanks again for your reply.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont have 2 grand for a body mount either.....but you guarentte a white deer walks by me and i have a tag for it im taking it......why not?...i dont want a full body mount of no deer at all.....period......too dang big.....no room for it and too much.....the legs body and arse isnt much to look at......the head and neck will show what you want......or you can get it rugged out if its a doe.....i wouldnt want a buck rugged out though....theres lots of cheap alternatives so that you still get to keep it but dont spend 2000 on a full mount.....it would be nice if i a had a GIANT hunting lodge and a giant game room to fill or something.....heck....my turkey fan and beard took up the only wall i had much space on!i dont know where im gunna put my squirrel mount and buck antlers at if im lucky enough to bag any more bucks in the next few years i live here.....hopefully someone can answer your question.....or email your states game department.....most havea web sight......good luck bagging it!!!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:23 PM

dont know if I could take a white deer, but someone else would , so I'd take the shot
Old 12-03-2003, 09:04 PM

It might only be a grand, but still a lot of money.

There was a piebald that hung around for a few years. I had a cance to shoot it every year. Never did. One year there wasn't any snow, and some guy shot her running. Bad shot. I found her a few month later.

If you don't shoot, someone else will.

I would have a rug made.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't shoot it!! Good luck.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know what the current regs are in my state, but the rules did not allow you to shoot an albino, unless it had at least a little discoloration- spots etc.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:23 AM
bigcountry

You guys have to be kidding me. Here is in MD, it is legal to shoot them. I thought most states said it was legal. I personally believe its best to get rid of albino deer to prevent less of a chance of more. Albino deer, dogs, whatever are a much weaker of the bunch. I mean the chances of have more Albinos are slim even with an Albino breeding, but its still inferior to the bigger tougher "brown" deer.

Old 12-04-2003, 06:10 PM

im with him

Quick Reply: Concerning Albino Deer....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.