Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 any thoughts on Browning rifles? >

any thoughts on Browning rifles?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

any thoughts on Browning rifles?

Old 11-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default any thoughts on Browning rifles?

I' ve always looked at them as fairly good guns, better than average if nothing else. I' ve personaly never seen one that shot bad.

Some folks won' t have anything to do with them though.

I just got one in 300win mag, haven' t had a chance to shoot it yet due to not having a scope to stick on it.

So what do you all think about them?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:16 PM

Default RE: any thoughts on Browning rifles?

Iv' e got one in 22-250 and really like it. Ditto for the 2 shotguns also.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Spike

I' ve got a BL-22 grade 2 that I absolutely love, and I recently picked up a Fusion compound bow that I' m quite pleased with. I' m currently tossing around the idea of picking up a .338, and am leaning towards a BAR Safari. If I can convince the wife to let me.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

They are good rifles. Should be accurate, light and pleasant to look at.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have had very good luck with the A-Bolts, can' t speak for the others as I haven' t had one, but all of the A-Bolts I' ve had have been shooters. I do know that many shy away because they are difficult to build competition guns around (there aren' t many aftermarket parts available for starters), but that and the fact that they aren' t CRF for dangerous game are the only two legitimate reasons that I' ve heard people not like them. Of course there is the made in Japan issue, but that is more personal than the other two.

Gordon
Old 11-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve had one bummer from Browning in my lifetime.....and they fixed it on warranty free......

They' re a class act in my opinion.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:23 AM

i like my browning rifles.

both of my browning medallion and BAR MKII safari chambered in the 30-06sprg.
the BAR has never jammed once on me. i tried putting as much amo through it to see if it will jamn. never did.
i bought some 180gr. rem core-lokt' s for just to practice and break in my rifle with. i ended up getting 2" groups standing up shooting with iron sights at 50yds.
my medallion in the same caliber shoots 1.080" at 100yds using federal premium ammo.the bolt is " slick as snot " it does no have the CRF bolt. but ti think they are better used if hunting heavier and dangerous game.
i have not owned a winchester, tikka, sakko, weatherby so i am not sure it these are better than the browning line. i do know that i have not had a problem with any of my brownings so i will stay with them for awhile.
from what i hear is that tikka is the way to go now a days do to the price and the accuracy out of the box.

BTW.. what kind of gun do you have in 300win mag? medallion, hunter series , micro hunter ? i do find the guns to be rather light and probally would have a bit more bite for rounds like the 300win mag.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Overpriced! The BLR is a great rifle, but Browning adamantly refuses to put sling swivel studs on ' em. I guess they think of the BLR as a saddle scabbard carbine, when most owners carry them afoot, just as if they were rifles!!
Old 11-26-2003, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have an A-Bolt medallion and love it. The rifle " feels" good. It is a great shooter. One ragged hole at 100 yards off sandbags. They also hold their value. I think you made a great investment.

Quick Reply: any thoughts on Browning rifles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.