Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

break in

Old 03-05-2023, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default break in

shots 8,9,&10 from my 6mm ARC, not too shabby for a gas gun, shooting factory ammo, by an old geezer squinting through mirage.
Old 03-05-2023, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
shots 8,9,&10 from my 6mm ARC, not too shabby for a gas gun, shooting factory ammo, by an old geezer squinting through mirage.
That will worl.
Old 03-05-2023, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

You know, gas guns get a bit of a bad rap. If put together properly, built properly, set up properly, and matched up with ammo that it likes (hardest part of all in my opinion) then a lot of gassers will shoot better than most people can shoot them. I have a few that are .5MOA easily with me on them and would probably be even better with someone better handling them. Looks like that 6mm ARC proves my point.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

That'll do!
Old 03-15-2023, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Come on RR there's at least a 1/4" of paper between them bullets. Don't you hate it when you have a decent group going and then you get a flyer?!!!!!!
But really that's great. My cousin and Les Baer were good friends and he wanted Les to build him a rifle and was thinking about a bolt action. Les talked him out of it and told him that he could get an AR platform to shoot just as good as a bolt action. My cousin told him OK but sadly he passed away from a sudden blood condition before Les got it completed.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Come on RR there's at least a 1/4" of paper between them bullets. Don't you hate it when you have a decent group going and then you get a flyer?!!!!!!
But really that's great. My cousin and Les Baer were good friends and he wanted Les to build him a rifle and was thinking about a bolt action. Les talked him out of it and told him that he could get an AR platform to shoot just as good as a bolt action. My cousin told him OK but sadly he passed away from a sudden blood condition before Les got it completed.
All AR's are parts guns, the builders all buy parts from the same pool of vendors, that said, Les builds the best there is, the only maker who has a 1/4" guarantee, but he uses the best parts you can buy
but his prices reflect that. Not knocking him at all but his rifles are over 2X what I have in this one. any AR will do an inch if its built right, good ones easily shoot 1/2", those quarter inch ones are like bolt actions, rare unless your willing to pay a premium.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I can't say I'm surprised, amigo. Are these reloads, or did you end up stuck with factory ammo? It does take a lot more familiarity to coax AR's to shoot so small, and I won't pretend to entertain AR's can shoot as small as can bolt guns, but getting into the 1/2moa ballpark with a skilled AR shooter behind a well built AR with a quality barrel should be a common expectation.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Well I can't say I'm surprised, amigo. Are these reloads, or did you end up stuck with factory ammo? It does take a lot more familiarity to coax AR's to shoot so small, and I won't pretend to entertain AR's can shoot as small as can bolt guns, but getting into the 1/2moa ballpark with a skilled AR shooter behind a well built AR with a quality barrel should be a common expectation.
Factory ammo till I get some brass, grendel and ARC brass is kinda rare.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
All AR's are parts guns, the builders all buy parts from the same pool of vendors, that said, Les builds the best there is, the only maker who has a 1/4" guarantee, but he uses the best parts you can buy
but his prices reflect that. Not knocking him at all but his rifles are over 2X what I have in this one. any AR will do an inch if its built right, good ones easily shoot 1/2", those quarter inch ones are like bolt actions, rare unless your willing to pay a premium.
RR don't take offense. I was only busting your chops. Ain't nothing wrong with that group and I'm sure it will even get better over time. I shot a couple of Les' 1911s and their awesome but too rich for my budget.