Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington did it again >

Remington did it again

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington did it again

Old 02-10-2023, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Remington did it again

How many times has Remington lagged behind? I can remember back when they brought out the 244 (AKA 6mm remington) after Winchester's .243 was introduced and really took off. I believer the reason for the 244s downfall was the rate of twist which was corrected with the renamed 6mm but I could be mistaken. Now I'll admit that the 6mm does have a slight edge over the .243 but big green was behind in the marketing.
Now just recently, after Winchester brought out the 350 Legend a couple years ago, Remington now introduces is 360 Buckhammer! Again probably too late for reaching their sales marks.
I'm sure there are other instances but my old brain can't seem to find the file!
Old 02-10-2023, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

My understanding the .360 will be released in levers mostly. So there will be a market. Although not as big as the .350.

I have been nothing but impressed with my (Jayden's) .350 legend. He's smacked five deer with it so far and other than a gut shot buck (which we did recover putting another few shots into it four hours later) the deer haven't gone more than 50 yards combined.

Good blood. Good internal damage. Distances from 25-75 yards.

-Jake