Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best Cartridge for Concealed Carry: Keeping It Under Wraps >

Best Cartridge for Concealed Carry: Keeping It Under Wraps

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best Cartridge for Concealed Carry: Keeping It Under Wraps

Old 12-24-2022, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys... Some more truths regarding handguns, target acquisition, firing skills, etc...

1911 .45 ACP -- I fell in love with it back in USCG bootcamp in the late 70's. It just felt natural even though it has the weight of a boat anchor. We'd often joke that if you ran out of ammo, just hit the perp over the head with it and knock him out! LOL...

My handgun skills (assorted calibers):
Colt Detective Special (.38 snubby) -- my (late) BIL's handgun that he bought around 1970 when he came back from Vietnam. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it. My BIL kept looking at me like I was idiot because I was gripping it wrong causing the snubby muzzle to flip upwards after each shot.
CZ-75B (9mm with night sights) -- My (late) BIL's modern handgun he bought a few years ago. Excellent piece and felt like a lighter version of the 1911 but yet in 9mm. Even though it's Czechoslovakia (Czech Republic), it was a tack driver on the range.
Glock 19 (9mm) -- My son-in-law's daily carry piece. The polar opposite of a 1911. Roughly 90% polymer plastic, and has a weird grip angle, but manageable. Strange trigger feel, but again, once you get used to it, it is fantastic and also a tack driver on the range.

These 3 handguns are the only other ones besides the 1911 .45 ACP that I have ever shot at an indoor range. I'll stick with John Browning's legendary 100+ year old design...