Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
My new gun with pictures >

My new gun with pictures

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My new gun with pictures

Old 01-26-2022, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My new gun with pictures

For some reason I could not get pictures to load.
Here is my new Bergara BMR.

My first few times out I used these bullets.

This last time out I got to try some more Old and newer bullets.

This was the best group. I didn't cherry pick I put up all of them. That one group is not the normal it was the best. It will be interesting to see if that type of bullet is more accurate. I plan to test them more when my suppressor comes.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice Ron. that Super X shoots great too. A couple of my 22s prefer CCI MiniMags too. I may have missed it but didn't see how far you were shooting?! I've been looking for a higher end 22. I had a Rem 541 Target years ago but being young and foolish I sold it. I'm hoping to lay my hands on one of those Bergaras in LH soon.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was only shooting 50 yards. One thing I'm seeing with it is it takes 15 or so rounds between ammo changes before it starts settling in. I'm seeing in a 5 shot group one flyer that kick it up from .500 or .600 to .800.
my trip today I used Standard velocity CCI target. CCI velociter. And new mini mag round point.
they all shot okay. I always have a flyer I a group.
I'm thinking once i settle on a shell snd stick with it should do better.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Looking good Ron!
Old 01-28-2022, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to hold off shooting until the suppressor gets here. I'm not sure what effect it will have.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Ron you had to go and put this thread up. I was looking (as I said earlier) for a higher end 22 LR and this put me over the edge. I just got one going to my FFL that's NIB and picked it up for only $425 + shipping! I just couldn't pass up that deal. I have a Mueller 8-32X target scope I'll put on it. Debating on getting a supressor or not. Where are you getting your's from?
I had recently given my grandson a Winchester 250 lever action 22LR that my parents bought me for Christmas when I was his age so I passed it on to him. I still have 5 other 22LRs in the safe along with a 22WMR and a 17HMR and a few revolvers and pistols. Still I couldn't pass up this deal.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by idahoron
I am going to hold off shooting until the suppressor gets here. I'm not sure what effect it will have.
It’ll simply move your POI, and likely offer a little more speed… and protect your hearing…
Old 01-29-2022, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well Ron you had to go and put this thread up. I was looking (as I said earlier) for a higher end 22 LR and this put me over the edge. I just got one going to my FFL that's NIB and picked it up for only $425 + shipping! I just couldn't pass up that deal. I have a Mueller 8-32X target scope I'll put on it. Debating on getting a supressor or not. Where are you getting your's from?
I had recently given my grandson a Winchester 250 lever action 22LR that my parents bought me for Christmas when I was his age so I passed it on to him. I still have 5 other 22LRs in the safe along with a 22WMR and a 17HMR and a few revolvers and pistols. Still I couldn't pass up this deal.
I'm getting a silencer central Banish 30. It's been on order for 9 months. You got a great deal on yours. Mine was 540.00 at the store.
I think once I settle on one Bullet the groups will get better. Problem is a lot of my shells are 40 to 60 years old 🤣🤣
Old 01-31-2022, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just an update on MY BMR - I checked with the auction house and they told me I didn't win the rifle but was won by an onsite buyer for the same amount. This really ticked me off. How can someone win just because they were there? Doesn't seem fair.
Anyway I found one online from Gunbroker being sold by a reputable dealer for the just a little more but no CC fee and free shipping to my FFL. So it ended up costing me about the same because I didn't have to pay the online commission. I'm still happy.