Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Cataract surgery and shooting >

Cataract surgery and shooting

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Cataract surgery and shooting

Old 12-17-2021, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cataract surgery and shooting

I had cataract surgery last spring. I had the far distance lens installed. Since then one thing I noticed is that when I go to focus a scope that the reticle is always super crisp no matter how far I turn the ring. I have two scopes that I have played around with and both do the same. I also can never get either leupold scope super crisp anymore. And the higher the power the worse it gets. Is this normal after having having both eyes done.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to talk with your eye doc about that. And take a scope with you if he doesn't hunt or shoot so he can see what you're talking about.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by deer655
I had cataract surgery last spring. I had the far distance lens installed. Since then one thing I noticed is that when I go to focus a scope that the reticle is always super crisp no matter how far I turn the ring. I have two scopes that I have played around with and both do the same. I also can never get either leupold scope super crisp anymore. And the higher the power the worse it gets. Is this normal after having having both eyes done.
I had cataract surgery about 6 years ago and had the near/far implants put in. I could not be happier. The hunting season after the surgery was the first time I hunted without glasses and I no longer had to struggle with my bifocals at my annual qualification with my duty revolver. I need off the rack reading glasses for very fine print. I always had very good eyesight at distances, it was the close vision and medium vision I needed glasses for.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-19-2021 at 10:27 AM.