Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Why No Spam Cans? >

Why No Spam Cans?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Why No Spam Cans?

Old 11-18-2021, 01:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Why No Spam Cans?

Can someone explain why there are no spam cans available of 7.62x54? The crap was made forty years ago. It’s not like they’re waiting on parts. Is there a major war going on somewhere?
Old 11-18-2021, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

odds are there is a shortage of it like all other calibers, demand is buying them as fast as there making it to stores, plus add in as you said, it was made decades ago, and odds are the surplus is drying up
add in importation into the USA is a big problem now, and zero surprise its harder to find and most likely a lot more costly than ever if you find it!
Old 11-18-2021, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Eventually what's made forty years ago ceases to exist!

-Jake
Old 11-18-2021, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Not buying it. The amount of surplus Russian ammo trucking sitting around is crazy. I will admit, I only started looking for a few more spam cans last year but this crap shouldn’t be in such short supply. The best ive found were folks repacking it’s. I don’t want it repackaged. I want the spam can for storage.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't seen a spam can of 7.62X54r in probably four years. I still have 3 or four full cans in my storage. But haven't seen anything for sale in a long time.

Herter's (sold through cabelas) sells some decently cheap X54 ammo. Not as good as the surplus stuff though.

-Jake
Old 11-18-2021, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Old 11-18-2021, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mouse try here. [email protected] . Or here. https://ammoseek.com/ammo/7.62x54r or here, or here, https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/rifle-ammo/762x54r, or here, https://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_...x54r-ammo.html

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-18-2021 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

a ton of the spam can's were opened due to yrs back Clinton banned it from being imported into the USA, to shippers over sea;'s opened the cans, and shipped into other places, then when the ban was lifted, a lot of that ammo got sold and its just NOT out there any more to be had,
a few show up now and then, but its not like there are warehouses full of it as in the past
Old 11-18-2021, 01:40 PM
Dominant Buck

It wasn’t too long ago when I bought my last can. I now wish I had bought more. I had looked and thought about it but always said tomorrow.

Thanks OT. I know there is plenty of ammo floating around. It’s just that I love how well those cans are packed and sealed.