Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
AR 15 scope mount >

AR 15 scope mount

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AR 15 scope mount

Old 07-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default AR 15 scope mount

I want to mount a Konus red dot on a 450 Bushmaster upper. The Konus has an intragal Picatinny base. Looking for a Pic x Pic mounting platform. Any suggestions?
Old 07-28-2021, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Which Konus RDS do you have? Most, but not all of them come with riser mounts/blocks. Did yours not?

Midway has two pages of picatinny risers. You’ll simply need to know the height and length you need. I typically don’t give much thought to the risers I use - as long as they are true and tight, it’s basically just a brick, so paying top dollar often doesn’t buy anything which isn’t bought with a lower cost option. I know I have a cheap UTG riser under one red dot - the finish sucks and the big thumb screw is janky, but guess what - it holds just fine. I also have Weaver, Wheeler, Burris, Bushmaster, Badger, and I’m sure a couple others I’m forgetting, and they all work.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

also, what UPPER do you have , is it a carry handle one, or ???
Old 07-28-2021, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
also, what UPPER do you have , is it a carry handle one, or ???
He asked for picatinny to picatinny and mentioned it’s a 450B, dollars to doughnuts, it’s a flattop.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
He asked for picatinny to picatinny and mentioned it’s a 450B, dollars to doughnuts, it’s a flattop.
I gather he has one, but to be honest he doesn't state so, so??
if he is looking for a conversion to mount, it might be trickier thus why I asked?
wouldn;t be the first time someone was trying to more creative mod?
Old 08-08-2021, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree with Nomercy as usual. I like a 1" riser on my ARs. Then I can usually get by with low scope rings and have good alignment.