Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
T/C Encore question >

T/C Encore question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C Encore question

Old 12-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default T/C Encore question

Does the forearm for a pistol barrel also fit the rifle barrel?
Old 12-19-2020, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think so, but you can always look up part numbers and see if there the same!
Old 12-20-2020, 01:42 AM
Typical Buck

no bronko the forarm of a t/c pistol & a rifle are not the same . the pistol forarm is much shorter& will not fit a rifle.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
no bronko the forarm of a t/c pistol & a rifle are not the same . the pistol forarm is much shorter& will not fit a rifle.
Thanks Tom. That's what I thought. I just won a SS 7-08 Encore Pro Hunter barrel with scope on an auction for a good price. Now I just need to buy a forearm for it.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Yes and no. The rear screw hole is positioned the same on the both the pistol and rifle barrels, but the front screw hole on a rifle barrel and forend is farther forward because the rifle forends are longer. You could get by with using a pistol forend on a rifle barrel or vice versa by just using the rear screw, but I'd recommend against it. The pistols and rifles use the same screws, but shotgun and muzzleloader forends have completely different sized screws and threading pitch.

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Thanks Tom. That's what I thought. I just won a SS 7-08 Encore Pro Hunter barrel with scope on an auction for a good price. Now I just need to buy a forearm for it.
Nice. Is it one of the 28" ones?
Old 12-20-2020, 07:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by TN Lone Wolf
Yes and no. The rear screw hole is positioned the same on the both the pistol and rifle barrels, but the front screw hole on a rifle barrel and forend is farther forward because the rifle forends are longer. You could get by with using a pistol forend on a rifle barrel or vice versa by just using the rear screw, but I'd recommend against it. The pistols and rifles use the same screws, but shotgun and muzzleloader forends have completely different sized screws and threading pitch.

Nice. Is it one of the 28" ones?
not sure if its 26 or 28. It is fluted though.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Bronko u are right however if you are a little handy you can use a rifle for a long pistol barrel, you just have to drill a hole fro the front screw in the stock and bed a short piller in for the front screw
Old 12-27-2020, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

better check the laws, if your encore frame was registered as a pistol, there may be legal issues putting a rifle barrel on it.
RR
Old 12-27-2020, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

A pistol can always become a rifle. Rifles can’t become pistols - with a few specific exceptions, the TC’s being one of them.

A “kit gun,” such as the TC’s, even sold originally as a rifle, can always retain their kit gun capability as they were originally designed and manufactured to be both pistol and rifle.

As long as an Encore or Contender are not assembled as a short barreled rifle (barrel < 16” with a shoulder stock), they can infinitely be converted back and forth among rifle or pistol configurations.

https://www.atf.gov/file/55526/download

Last edited by Nomercy448; 12-27-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
A pistol can always become a rifle. Rifles can’t become pistols - with a few specific exceptions, the TC’s being one of them.

A “kit gun,” such as the TC’s, even sold originally as a rifle, can always retain their kit gun capability as they were originally designed and manufactured to be both pistol and rifle.

As long as an Encore or Contender are not assembled as a short barreled rifle (barrel < 16” with a shoulder stock), they can infinitely be converted back and forth among rifle or pistol configurations.

https://www.atf.gov/file/55526/download
Seconded. Just don't configure one into an SBR and you're fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.