Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Leupold VX-II or Nikon Buckmaster? >

Leupold VX-II or Nikon Buckmaster?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Leupold VX-II or Nikon Buckmaster?

Old 11-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Leupold VX-II or Nikon Buckmaster?

i have both scopes and i can' t tell a bit of diffrence between the two exept the nikon will hold quite a bit more light in lowlight situations but far as scopes i have never dealt with any of the two' s customer service but i favor the nikon over the leupold but i still like the leupold just like getting that extra light. this is just my oppinion
Old 11-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strut, I' m sure you don' t want to do this as it is probably getting close to your season, but send your scope back. Leupold has great customer service. I had a 2x7 Vari X II on my 1976 Ruger. In 1994 the scope went bad, it wouldn' t adjust to the right. I sent it in to Leupold through my local gun shop and they sent me a brand new one and they picked up the shipping cost as well. Now that' s service! I can' t promise the same for you, but the next scope I buy will be a Leupold.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a nikon buckmaster then compared it by a leupold vx-11 and traded it in and payed the difrence for the leupold. After shooting yesterday just after a drizzle and low light the scope was still bright and clear, i definetly love the leupolds.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Based on a poor experience with a Nikon scope I will be hard pressed to suggest them as a consideration. However in the past few days I have seen posts such as: Struts, mentioning the VXII has tracking or adjustment issues. While I have owned a number of loopy' s over the years and never been dissapointed, these NIB issues seem to be more frequent than yester days. On shear CS the Loppy would be my choice, but again my personal experience may have clouded some of my thinking.

Whichever you choose, I hope the NIB syndrome doesn' t rear it' s head like it did for Strut. Nothing more dissapointing, I know it happened to me with a Nikon Monarch.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I called Leupold today and they said to send it back, they would either fix it or send me a new one. They apoligized for all the trouble and said they would get it back as soon as possible. The lady I spoke to seemed to know what she was talking about, she mentioned 2 or 3 things that it could be, the thing is I have had repair work done on stuff like this before and may have to send it back and forth 3 or 4 times to get it right, I hope this don' t turn out to be one of those times.