Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
what are you looking for??? >

what are you looking for???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what are you looking for???

Old 12-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what are you looking for???

OK< just cause were getting closer to a slower time of yr,
and I would imagine we have a pretty good mix of members of all ages and well, points in there hunting/gun collecting stages

I thought maybe it would be nice to start a post about, what guns, maybe someone is LOOKING for, you fill a void, or itch they been wanting to scratch

and I don';t be guns you'd buy if you won the lottery or have unlimited budgets
I mean honest, guns, your sort of looking for, have plans to add some day or the likes!

I am personally at a stage in my life I am starting to get rid of many guns, due to no family that wants them, and I do NOT need all of them I have, I was pretty lucky to have been ale to add about all I ever wanted and then some over the yrs

so, maybe there are others like me in this boat and can possibly, help those looking find things there still looking for!

never know
and is NOT a post to push sales or the likes

just wondering what others are looking for and maybe members can help each other out, after all, most of us are from different places and see different things in our local gun shops, or friends collections, or , just our own!!

SO< anyone care to list what there looking for yet!!

any special make model caliber ,yr , rifle shotgun pistol????
Old 12-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will most probably look for a Model 71 Winchester as a gift for a nephew who recently expressed an interest. I am not a big lever action fan myself but he is. Casual purchases for myself might include a Remington 141 chambered in 35 to use on our annual "old rifle" hunt where everyone brings a classic old iron sighted rifle.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not looking for any more hunting guns. I have a mod 88 Win .308 rifle and a real Marlin Guide gun in 45-70, I also have a Ruger .45 Colt cal Black-hawk Bisley revolver for big game. I have several .22 rifles and an original .22 Colt Ace handgun. At my age, I do not need to buy any more firearms. If I can't take it with what I have, I won't hunt it.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

I have been slowly selling off some guns I don't use or need and am looking at replacing them with guns I will use or anticipate using on future hunts. There will probably be a few nostalgia or just because I want one guns that I acquire but others will reflect different ways and game that I want to hunt. It seems like the more you hunt, the more you realize what you really need (or at least think so).
Old 12-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cal, I think the truth of the matter is , the more you hunt, and the longer you hunt, the more you realize what you do not need, you are no longer looking for the magic bullet because you realize there is no such thing.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
I will most probably look for a Model 71 Winchester as a gift for a nephew who recently expressed an interest. I am not a big lever action fan myself but he is. Casual purchases for myself might include a Remington 141 chambered in 35 to use on our annual "old rifle" hunt where everyone brings a classic old iron sighted rifle.
well, I just parted ways with a nice clean rem model 14, in .30 rem
so a 141 I am sure is still possible
I'll keep an eye out for you, a lot of the older farmers I know have a lot of these things , or I have come to find many that did

YRS back when I used to have a list of things I wanted, I found, placing want adds on church bulletin boards and in VFW"s
found me most I was looking for and many times at some great prices, due top, not being found on web sites or dealers!
so food for thought if you never tried doing so!
Attached Thumbnails what are you looking for???-rem-model-14-001.jpg  
Old 12-28-2019, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

None of these are necessary but are on My list of wants currently:

A marlin in .35 REM.
A 7600 in .35 Whelen.
A BLR in .300wsm
a Ruger compact in 7mm-08

The list of things that are "necessary" or will be in a few years...
Marlin in 45-70
Some youth rifle in .350 legend. I haven't done any research on models of these yet. But that's what I'm going to start the kids on as they will be ohio and PA legal.
-Jake
Old 12-29-2019, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

The past few years I have been thinning out the gun stable, selling guns that either are duplicate, underachieving or just are never used. The money is put back into hunting...paying for a moose hunting trip and more recently a very long coveted and now acquired Colt 1911. As more time goes on, I realize that I am most comfortable and competent with my main hunting rifle, a sporterized 1933 Oberndorf Mauser 98 in 8x57. It does everything I could ever want, has history, and was my dads...and still shoots straiter than most new factory guns.
That aside, I have my eye out for a mid 1950s...60s production Marlin 336 in 30-30. I have two pre 64 Winchester 94s which are great rifles, but are not conducive to scopes.
Also keeping an eye open for a Crackshot .22 in shootable condition. I have one in 32 rimfire and want a more shootable version just because they are so darn cute.
Old 12-29-2019, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/tradi...l-r184205.html

Last edited by hardcastonly; 12-29-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
OK< just cause were getting closer to a slower time of yr,
and I would imagine we have a pretty good mix of members of all ages and well, points in there hunting/gun collecting stages

I thought maybe it would be nice to start a post about, what guns, maybe someone is LOOKING for, you fill a void, or itch they been wanting to scratch

and I don';t be guns you'd buy if you won the lottery or have unlimited budgets
I mean honest, guns, your sort of looking for, have plans to add some day or the likes!

I am personally at a stage in my life I am starting to get rid of many guns, due to no family that wants them, and I do NOT need all of them I have, I was pretty lucky to have been ale to add about all I ever wanted and then some over the yrs

so, maybe there are others like me in this boat and can possibly, help those looking find things there still looking for!

never know
and is NOT a post to push sales or the likes

just wondering what others are looking for and maybe members can help each other out, after all, most of us are from different places and see different things in our local gun shops, or friends collections, or , just our own!!

SO< anyone care to list what there looking for yet!!

any special make model caliber ,yr , rifle shotgun pistol????

I had to look, to see if this was my post! Though, there are several firearms that will go to family. There are also a few that family can’t appreciate, as one is a “wildcat” and they don’t hand-load...... it will likely be sold( by me) to someone that can use and enjoy it! My greatest fear is that what took me a lifetime of careful selections and of financial sacrifice, will be merely sold or traded off with no thought of the history or what they meant to me. What means or meant so much to me......means so little to them! memtb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.