Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hey Slug Gun Hunters.......NEF? >

Hey Slug Gun Hunters.......NEF?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hey Slug Gun Hunters.......NEF?

Old 11-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hey Slug Gun Hunters.......NEF?

i have been shooting a mossberg 500 12 ga. with the rifled barrel and cantalevered scope mount. it shoots real well but i have been thinking about selling the barrel on ebay and buying a new england ultra slughunter in .20 ga ( single shot break action) i have a nef .270 handi rifle and have a blast (pun intended) shooting it. it would be nice to have a light gun and not have to switch the barrels (i use the mossberg to shoot clays and bird hunt, which overlaps with deer season) all the time. most shots that i have taken with the 12 have been close, so im not too worried about going from 12 to 20. What do you guys think?
Old 11-04-2003, 07:46 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Hey Slug Gun Hunters.......NEF?

george, I think you got a disease that alot of us suffers from. And thats boredom with our hobbies, so we invent new things to think about. I am one of the worst for it. Honestly, going from a pump to a single shot makes little sense. Especially if it shoots well.

Old 11-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

LOL... there may be a bit of that going on
Old 11-04-2003, 03:52 PM
bigcountry

Now, if you need an excuse for a wife or girlfriend. I am sure all of us can get together to come up with a good reason for needing it. When I was married, this was the hardest thing I had to think about before buying something.

Old 11-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

haaaaahaaa. you nailed it! i think all of us married guys are always looking for the best angle to pitch " the sell"
Old 11-05-2003, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got a couple H & R Ultra Slug' s (12 & 20). Love em!

Trust me if ya get one you will never regret it.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 11-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

tx for the feed back!
Old 11-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

uncle matt, did u get yours over at mega sports? what are their prices like on them?
Old 11-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, the last one purchased was from Megasports, in July 03, although I don' t really take to those folks too well. If I rememeber correctly, I believe the 20 gauge standard model was $214 out the door. If not exact, I' m only off a buck or two.

Nobody had a 20 in stock so it had to be ordered.

But I got my 12 gauge laminated camo deluxe model for about 170 + tax at Rink' s out in Lockport back in (I think) 1991.

I went looking for the 20 at Rink' s in July before Megasports and that nite Rink' s couldn' t give me a nailed down price. They had to check with the boss the next day they said. But no one from Rink' s ever bothered to call me even though I told them I wanted one right away. So obviously they weren' t too concerned about sales or customers. So I didn' t bother calling them back either. From the other places I got quotes from, Mega was best.

There is a new gun shop a quarter mile east of Megasports on Rt. 30 called, get this......THE GUN SHOP. Alot smaller than Megasports, but real nice folks in there. I had them bore sight the scope for the twenty and they got it close enough that I only had to shoot a couple 3-4 boxes to dial it in. The kid shoots it pretty well. Hope he gets his first deer with it in a couple weeks.

Hey ya know the Illinois State Police open range for deer hunters is Nov. 15th over here. Any intrest in it. If ya want to try out an H&R there, let me know. We' ll be there.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 11-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 12 and the 20. The 20 shoots better than the 12. I like the Lightfield slugs.

Quick Reply: Hey Slug Gun Hunters.......NEF?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.