Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
Id like some thoughts on value >

Id like some thoughts on value

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Id like some thoughts on value

Old 12-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Default Id like some thoughts on value

what would you gentlemen think would be a decent price if you were selling or buying an Ithaca 10 ga road blocker shotgun
in very good almost un-used condition, I know where theres one for sale, similar to this picture I found,
that probably had less than 25 shell fired EVER
keep in mind these are rather rare
Old 12-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to fix an estimate on something I can't hold.
But I would probably be willing to pay in the neighborhood of 450. Give or take a few.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

going to say it all comes down to who wants it and why, I have seen them sell for as low as 400 and as high as over 1500, some things depend on specific's of gun, what barrel and stock is on it
hard to tell from a picture, but these stocks don;t seem to match very well, NOT that uncommon as Ithaca had its issue's with things over the yrs

but they did come in a few versions,
and like most things for sale, alot comes down to how bad the seller needs $$$ or has time to wait for that special buyer that will pay the most!
I can also tell you they were very well known for being terribly unreliable guns, so, that doesn't help on finding buyers
but there are folks that collect everything and to them, needing this, the price they will pay can be high I am sure!
Old 12-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

thats simply a picture I found on the internet for reference, for guys than may have never seen a road blocker 10 ga,
the one I'm looking at has matched wood and looks to be in better over all condition,
I already own a ITHACA mag 10 with a 32" full choke barrel, Ive used for decades.
BTW every time Ive ever had anyone I know have problems with any ITHACA 10 ga,
(and yeah I have 3 local guys I hunt with that own those shotguns)
it was due to almost non-existent maintenance, proper, lubrication and cleaning
simply careful,disassembly careful cleaning, lots of lube and your good to go for quite awhile ,
but if you put the gun back in the rack til next year without proper maintenance
like I've seen done on occasion, is looking for durability issues
(a quick spray down with WD40 is not maintenance)

Last edited by hardcastonly; 12-16-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcastonly
thats simply a picture I found on the internet for reference, for guys than may have never seen a road blocker 10 ga,
the one I'm looking at has matched wood and looks to be in better over all condition,
I already own a ITHACA mag 10 with a 32" full choke barrel, Ive used for decades.
BTW every time Ive ever had anyone I know have problems with any ITHACA 10 ga,
(and yeah I have 3 local guys I hunt with that own those shotguns)
it was due to almost non-existent maintenance, proper, lubrication and cleaning
simply careful,disassembly careful cleaning, lots of lube and your good to go for quite awhile ,
but if you put the gun back in the rack til next year without proper maintenance
like I've seen done on occasion, is looking for durability issues
(a quick spray down with WD40 is not maintenance)
I had a gun shop for a bunch of yrs, and I fully agree with you on how few folks do any decent cleaning or care of there guns

BUT this particular model gun was known for having a LOT of problems from the factory that were NOT cleaning related issue's, or solved by simply cleaning them!
it had a bunch of not so nice nick names from guns smiths of its era! LOL
just a heads up for you, feel free to do some deeper looking into this if you care to!, not bashing or anything here, just being honest with you based on yrs of experience with guns and gun smiths
Old 12-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

thank you!