Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which sub-compact 9mm for CCW? >

Which sub-compact 9mm for CCW?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which sub-compact 9mm for CCW?

Old 03-31-2018, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate the input---next time I'm down in Tennessee I'll see if any of my friends have any of these (or, if I absolutely must try a specific one, see if the local range has it available as a rental).

REM7600, mine is a G2 and generally does fine. My 2 brothers-in-law and my father-in-law each have one, too. I don't feel as though they're all equally as reliable. One BrIL seems to have frequent jams; the other hasn't that I can remember.
Even after more than 400 rounds, I still get an occasional stovepipe, and frankly it seems to be getting worse. When I was first breaking it in, it'd be 1 or 2 failures to eject every other box of 50. Now it feels like I get that every box. It's not much, but it only needs to happen when I need it to make all the difference, and I know that in this market, a pistol that doesn't do that after it's well-broken in (unless the ammo is somehow messed up) can be had pretty affordably.

Talking to the guys at my local gun shop, they said the quality control issues used to drive them insane. Some PT111's are great, others are no more reliable than the G1's were. Since they could never get ahold of anyone at Taurus even after waiting on hold for over half an hour to send a malfunctioning gun in to get worked on, that shop stopped carrying Taurus products, altogether. There's no other brand I know of that they explicitly refuse to carry in stock.
Sounds like you've got a gem; one of my brothers-in-law seems to, as well. I just don't think I do.

Last edited by younggun308; 03-31-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-31-2018, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Glock's model 42 is a good compact Handgun...the Kimber is also a good choice.Best thing is to go to a good Gun Dealer and see how each compact Handgun feels good in Your hands and that meet Your needs.