Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Mac-11 vs mac-10? >

Mac-11 vs mac-10?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mac-11 vs mac-10?

Old 07-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mounted with a good light or laser they could be a decent room broom for a zero dark thirty home invasion. Other than that, I really can't think of any use for one.

The major problem IMO is they just don't point well or naturally and fully loaded are pretty darned heavy, as heavy as many full sized rifles.

I've picked off hundreds, if not thousands, of Jack Rabbits and Hares, they tend to accelerate fast, bob and weave a lot. I have no doubt I can instinct shoot a shotgun well. At zero dark thirty I tend to stick with what I know and something that aims and points as naturally as possible.

The first shot out of my home defense shotgun is an ounce of gas checks packed into a semi magnum shell with the shot cup removed and a flat wad. Throws a fairly wide pattern at short distances. Near a hundred red hot 7 grain Frisbees traveling at around 1200 FPS.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Juston
It's not like I can't get both an ar15 and a mac10. The point of the thread was to find out if a mac10 45 acp was better than a ma11 9mm.
From what I've read here, I think the overwhelming answer is that it doesn't matter. They're not quality firearms in any way. They're designed to be cheap, mass produced "spray and pray" type weapons. Absent the full-auto feature, they serve no practical purpose whatsoever. Sure, you can use them as fancy plinkers, but you can do that with literally any firearm you desire. However, being that they are heavy, kinda clunky, and not particularly accurate, I can only assume that the plinking would eventually get boring eventually.

So - the only real value in something like a MAC 10 would be whatever value you give it as part of your collection. Personally, I don't have room in my collection for something that doesn't shoot well or, at the very least, represent some kind of milestone in the history of firearms. That's just me. So, you need to think about what kinda collection you want, and how you want to spend your money. We've all given our opinions on it, so now you gotta decide for yourself if you want that sort of thing in your collection. Is it something that's gonna be fun for 5 minutes, before you regret buying it? or is it something that you can enjoy just for what it is?