Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which one do you regret selling? >

Which one do you regret selling?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which one do you regret selling?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Which one do you regret selling?

Which ones have y'all let go you regretted? Like most shooters and hunters I've had guns come and go over the years. I've kept the ones I liked and let others slip away. Most I never regretted getting rid of but I have one I wish I could turn back the clock and get it back in my hands.

It was a William Evans sidelock double rifle built in 1896 for an obscure member of England's royal family. It had exposed hammers and was covered in rose and scroll engraving. Had a standing V rear sight with 2 folding leafs for 200 and 300 yards and a flip up ivory bead for low light shooting. Chambered in 450/400 3 1/4 inch Nitro express and it had the original hard case with compartments for everything when you broke it down.

In a fit of extreme stupidity I sold the rifle for the astronomical sum of $5K a few years back. 2 years after I sold it the 450/400 rounds became very desireable and today I couldn't buy that same rifle for less than $20K. Hind sight don't ya know.

So lets hear your stories.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

kind of mixed about a .410 O/U I sold.
it was a cheap shotgun, but fun, nice, I have a 28ga O/U I like more, and still have a single shot .410 so really don't have a need for the 410 OU, but it was cute/fun.

My general philosophy is let your next of kin sell them.
I have 1 rifle I have no use for but it shoots too well to part with.

I have another I may part with but kind of 50/50 on.
I hate selling any rifle that was used on a memorable hunt.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

MAN this subject stings a little, LOL
as over the yrs I sadly let a bunch of guns go, I NOW wish I didn't
but due to other things in life, and them NOT being that important back then??

I let a pair of consecutive serial number Colt Python's go ,

sold a few Colt M16's, I picked up in the early 90's, paid like 1500, and sold for like 4500 thinking I did good, along with a nice class 3 AK 47, I let go for 2200??

also let a pair of H&K p7m8's, I wish I had back

And a few others, maybe too many!
OUCH"S you brought back a few bad memories here for me! LOL

ON a different note, do you have ant regrets on guns you COULD of had, but passed on, and now WISH you grabbed when the chance was there?

I have a few of them them as well.

Also, Having had a gun store for many yrs, the list of HAD and ALMOST had and LET go, I guess is a little bigger for me, than some others!

Man how some guns , fit and are missed and how some grew SO high in value's over the yrs?
Old 05-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have decided that I will NEVER sell a gun, to buy another one again! It seems like just about every gun that I have let go of, I've regretted!!!!
The one that sticks with me the most is my first "deer" rifle! A sporterized Mauser 98, with a thumbhole, Maple stock, re-chambered for the 6MM Remington!
Old 05-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't regretted any, but I only get rid of one's I don't have any sentimental value with. Any others can be built or bought later if I "miss" it
Old 05-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a really nice Fox 410 double I miss.

I really miss my Garand, nothing special, after market stock, but it was a really straight shooter. Chopping off 1/4" dowel at a hundred yards was how I checked my Zero.

I've bought a few I wish I hadn't, model 59 Smith and Wesson. Ruger mini 14 (shotgun disguised as a rifle). And a few others.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Sold a old Stevens single barrel shot gun that had been my dads handed down to me. it was a 16ga. had a plastic stock and forearm. Dad had bought it at a department store going out of business back in 1948.

I had a Remington Nylon 66 that was stolen and it is the gun I have missed the most since that day it disappeared.

Al
Old 05-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't...

Sold any...
Old 05-14-2017, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Years ago I decided not to sell any guns. My sons have the ones that get in the way. I can borrow them back if I want to renew an old acquaintance. I am feeling the need to borrow back an Argentine Colt 1911, all matching with the matching clip.

On the missed opportunities---back in the 1970's a local gun shop had a Hoffman bolt 300 H&H for sale. I agreed to buy it when the shop owner told me that it was his son's and he should check again with him to see if he really wanted to sell it. Beautiful gun with lots of engraving. Son backed out.

And guns sold by other members of the family. Many years ago my father sold the civil war percussion rifle that his grandfather used in the civil war. He also sold the Stevens Crack-shot .22 rifle that his father gave him around 1912 or so, it was the first gun that I fired. Regrets, regrets.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

i regret selling two gun. one was a remington 700 25-06 that was made when remington first started chambering the 25-06. the other was a ruger redhawk in 41 mag. wish i still had them both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.