Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What if........ >

What if........

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What if........

Old 07-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What if........

A bolt action .22.
Will kill anything that you need to eat.
Will work just fine against any predator short of bears.

2nd choice would be a 1 piece longbow.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Typical Buck

tough question!! I've got enough ammo to last a long time, but it'd eventually run out. So I'd have to go with my bow. Like others have said, the ammo is re-usuable and I've got a truckload of old arrows stockpiled.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd use them all until I ran out of ammo. Just because civilization ended does not mean that my firearms and ammo disappeared.

Of course, for a few years I would have to save some ammo for the anti gun, tree hugging, vegetable eating, liberal jerk offs that would be trying to steal my hard earned meat because they were too stupid to fend for themselves. At least until they all died off or got shot. I wonder how tree hugger tastes. Probably not too good.[:'(]
Old 07-30-2004, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Put away a 308 or 06 or 223 that comes with iron sights along with a couple hundred rounds of ammo. A good stick and a long bow could be used if you want to hunt silently.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:05 AM

I would use a .22 rifle. The ammo is cheap enough that I always have tens, of thousands of rounds on hand. And like Brimmin said, it will kill anything you need. I would also use a muzzleloader. The powder is reativly simple to make, people have been doing it for thousands of years. Either in flinklock, or cap. Caps are not to hard to make either. And big bulls, Liberal tree huggers taste good if you use a little BBQ sauce. Just throw away the heads...They've had those up their you-know-whats for too many years, it would kind of foul the taste a bit.