Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Anyone Packing while they're Fishing? >

Anyone Packing while they're Fishing?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anyone Packing while they're Fishing?

Old 02-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
If I'm up,I'm packin...

RR
+1...

Glock 19 on my nightstand when I'm sleeping.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

in the fall/winter I have a colt commander in my waist band, an AR on the front seat, my 6.5 gibbs in the back, ya never know.
In the summer, the gibbs is replaced by either a RRA varminter or my 20 tac, I like being prepared
RR
Old 02-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pack at all times.
When I get to where I am camping and fishing I normally open carry. I walk to where other guys are fishing if some are there. I walk up and kindly ask how the fishing is and be as friendly as I ca be. But the underlying reason I visit is to let them know I am not a target. Just a guy there to fish, and I have a gun.

Last year I went to a place to launch my pontoon boat. When I got there a SUV was blocking the spot to launch my boat. I backed as close to the water as I could and proceed to launch. It was about 6:00 am and I was a little later than I wanted to be. They had three Sturgeon poles in the water and no one was out and about. Soon a big tweeker looking guy comes out of the SUV followed by a blond, BEHOOCH. She was mouthy and was yelling at me. The dude was starting to amp up his tough guy act when I took off my jacket and put on my fishing shirt. That act exposed my 45 auto. I explained to them both that leaving poles unattended was against the law. Camping in the area was prohibited. Blocking a boat ramp was also prohibited. The guy instantly saw the gun and his macho attitude was shut down. I told them my name and I told them if they felt that I had broken any laws I encouraged them to report it to the Fish and Game along with the sheriffs office. At that point I would file my report along with pictures and their licence plate.
The BEHOOCH was still screaming at me and the Tweaker dude turned to her and told her to shut the F, up. I was pissed and amped up but I tried to be calm, I was in trouble. I knew that if I got visibly angry it wold make matters worse. So I finished getting ready to go and got in my boat and left.

All day I was worried about them robbing my truck or vandalizing it. I couldn't enjoy my fishing trip. The pistol no doubt saved me from an A$$ whippin or worse. I should have turned them in for the violations but I didn't. I didn't fish there as much last year as I wanted. I guess I was worried I would bump into them again. I hate stuff like that.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Spike

Mudder Chuck, yep you just covered the whole scenario of what is likely to happen. Good job.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Yes. More security from 2 legged and 4 legged critters. Probably more for the possibility of a mountain lion than anything else.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

A number of years ago a buddy and I went ice fishing on Lake Koocanusa in northwest Montana. When we got out on the lake to start fishing we found that we both had our rifles, but we had forgotten our fishing poles.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have my Glock 26 with me when ever possible (legal).
Old 03-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got treed by a feral dog pack YEARS ago and that taught me to NEVER go unarmed!
Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Spike

Before the official wore his 'Stechkin', but it is very large and heavy, so now i use a 'Makarov'.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:48 AM
Banned

I thank GOD I'm packing.
I'VE GOT BIG FEET, HANDS , NOSE AND EARS, so I better be packing ,cause I'm one goofy lookin dude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.