Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Slug Guns

Old 10-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by alleyyooper

Remington 870 slugger MSRP Starting at $545.00.

You can get well below that at most dealers.

Al
Bass Pro has that 870 for $599.00, minus $25.00 rebate = $574.00 as a combo with a shot barrel.
For the money the real deal there is the Mossberg 500 Slugster w/ 2 interchangeable combs - $369.00.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got the H&R Ultra-Light Slug Hunter. It isn't fancy but it is accurate and it tips deer over pretty good.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
i had a 220 & took a deer @ 250 yrds ran about 10 yrds & piled up . my second choice would be a ithaca deerslayer 2 or 3 , as for h&r they are no longer produced they are owned by remington arms i have a 444 marlin & a 45/70 both in h&r & they shoot great just a 7 lb trigger
now in ohio i use a marlin 45/70 big loop guide gun & use the hornady leverution ammo & it's a tack driver but if was you i'd stick with the muzzy more accurate than a shotgun & on days i feel challenged for a nice open field i take my t/c triumph
Although Remington did purchase Marlin in 2008 I have searched the net and found nothing to indicate that production of the H&R USH would stop.

"Remington Arms Company, Inc. the only manufacturer of both firearms and ammunition for Hunting, Law Enforcement/Security, Government & Military applications in the United States, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Marlin Firearms Company, Inc.. The transaction closed the end of January 2008.

Marlin, headquartered in North Haven, Connecticut, also owns Harrington and Richardson (H&R), New England Firearms (NEF) and LC Smith brands of rifles and shotguns.

Tommy Millner Remington’s CEO, said, “I am pleased to announce that Marlin’s well known brands with a long heritage of providing quality rifles and shotguns to hunters and shooters around the world will join the Remington family. The opportunity to combine two historic U.S. based companies with such storied and proud histories, is both challenging and exhilarating.”

The H&R USH remains in the companies product catalog.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

My Ithaca Deerslayer has been an excellent gun for years. It's of high quality and also a take down.

Here is a link to gunbroker ones.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx...rds=Deerslayer

A scope will mount on that rear site base using mounts that will clamp there. A long eye relief scope works well.

Last edited by Savage_99; 10-29-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

They still make and sell a deer slayer, problem is you need to take your and your wife's wallet and possible the kids piggy bank to buy one.
Fine slug gun how ever.

The Deerslayer III features

• Bottom Ejection

• 1:24 Twist 20 Gauge

• 1:28 Twist 12 Gauge

• Gold Plated Trigger a got to have feature.
• Sling Swivel Studs

• Crisp 4-6 lb Trigger Pull

• Chambered for 3”

• 5 Shot Capacity (4+1)

• Optional Thumbhole

• Weaver Scope Base

• 26” Fluted Fixed Barrel

• Optional Scope

Starting at: $1,350.00 for the 20ga

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 10-30-2015 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

just got off the phone with h&r & they no longer produce the single shot shotguns nor the handi rifles all they produce now is the h&r partner pump shotgun & they no longer carry extra barrels for the handi rifles nor for the single shot shotguns
there phone # is 866-776-9292 however their warranties are still in effect for 5yrs after purchase thank god
Old 10-30-2015, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
just got off the phone with h&r & they no longer produce the single shot shotguns nor the handi rifles all they produce now is the h&r partner pump shotgun & they no longer carry extra barrels for the handi rifles nor for the single shot shotguns
there phone # is 866-776-9292 however their warranties are still in effect for 5yrs after purchase thank god
When you were on the phone with them you should have reminded them that they are still advertising all those discontinues shotguns on their website. It's amazing how multi-million dollar business deals go down and within those companies they can't manage to have a IT guy pull stuff like that from their websites.....

So. How much more valuable is my collection of USHs?

I do believe I am going to start snatching them up as I see them.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

i did ask them that question & they said there are still available guns thru gun dealers & they will continue to advertise to help deplete the stock & they still carry the 5 yr warranty when purchased new. i went to a gun shop & they said my 45-70 would be valued less than 100 dollars due to the h&r co no longer produce the ultra or handi rifle ; but yet he had a used 44 mag for 175 said he bought it for 125 & had to clear the serial number thru the ffl & that runs 50 bucks ; so he said he would just break even told him sounds like bullchit to me but i will keep my handi rifles. would like to find somebody in ne ohio to do a trigger job on both. they both break @ 8-9 lbs & they are tack drivers
Old 10-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

#1 Savage 220F

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/220F

If I wanted to get fancy, Ithaca Deerslayer "Featherlight" !

http://www.ithacagun.com/featherlight.html

Last edited by Sheridan; 10-31-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

If you want to go fancy get a Tar Hunt slug gun.

https://www.tarhunt.com/product/rsg-20-mountaineer/

Get the slugs to go with it too.

https://www.tarhunt.com/20ga-schrifl...-from-tarhunt/

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 11-01-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.