Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New hog slayer is done, finally >

New hog slayer is done, finally

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New hog slayer is done, finally

Old 10-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New hog slayer is done, finally

I just got my tin back from being CeraKoted by my buddy. He done my new MI handguard, charging handle, scope mount and rings. I added a low profile gas block and shes ready to go after I square up the scope and bore sight it.
The lower one is my RRA A4 in .223 Wylde chamber. It has a Bart Baldwin barrel and MB on it.
Attached Thumbnails New hog slayer is done, finally-1079.jpg  
Old 10-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love the color scheme - apparently the FDE furniture is all the rage these days! The accents on the PRS, grip, and LPK are a really nice touch.

Will the PEPR not fit front-ways? Pretty marked contrast between the PEPR and the M223 mount, eh?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it will fit otherwise. BUT!!! It is like its owner once in awhile, basackwards!!!! LOL!! I thought I would try it like that for a bit to see if I liked it better for clearance reasons and see how it goes.
I could go with a GunSlinger style CH for a larger contact area, but decided to try this and see what I thought of it.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm never trusting of forends, so MY MIND feels better having the scope mount clamped over the seam like that to help with stability/support there - of course, reduces the stability of the optic. It definitely opens up the tail end of your rifle, I don't usually have issues getting my finger in there for charging, but it does take some practice when you plug up that void beneath your eye box.

Very slick looking rigs.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The real reason I'm playing with the open concept is for charging the weapon with gloves on and at night. I built the rifle for hogs more than anything else. Plus, I have plans to add a night vision optic and just kinda doing a dry run now before it is real.