Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
replacement stock for 700ADL or cut down >

replacement stock for 700ADL or cut down

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

replacement stock for 700ADL or cut down

Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default replacement stock for 700ADL or cut down

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement stock for a 700ADL that is about 1" shorter than the standard? Is there a youth model or something like that that will accomplish this? It is my understanding that it is difficult to cut down the original synthetic stocks without ruining them.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either Amazon (Numrich) or Stocky's.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...00+youth+stock
Old 06-30-2015, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you looking to keep the synthetic stock?

The youth model is probably your best option. I have a take-off ADL stock that my 2yr old plays with in my workshop (he "shoots" everything in my shop with it every day), I pulled the buttpad - it looks like it COULD work for trimming about an inch and reinstalling the original buttpad, but you'll have to do a little trimming on the "tenon" of the buttpad I think to get it to fit into the new smaller stock mortise. The bosses that the buttpad screws into are long enough that it looks like it should work for attachment though, even if you had to start over with a new grind-to-fit buttpad.

You'd have to shorten the rear swivel stud shank too, as it looks like the buttpad screw and the swivel stud screw would need to occupy the same space if you cut an inch off.

Youth stock is probably the way to go, if there is such a thing.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

You didn't say if long or short action. there are some on Flea bay wood youth but you need to know if long or short action. Some I think are priced right to play with and sell extra one if it works.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...+700+adl+stock

Al