Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Semi Auto Shotgun >

Semi Auto Shotgun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Semi Auto Shotgun

Old 05-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Spike

Default Semi Auto Shotgun

Hello everyone! I need feedback on Semi Auto shotguns. My budget is $550 and I would prefer used. I need something I wont feel bad about beating up on and something soft shooting. My local gunshop has about 8 used Remington 870 Wingmasters that range from $300-$350. Would I be better off with that? I need something soft shooting due to bad shoulder. My 887 is a fantastic shooting gun for me but it Jams too often sadly.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, a couple of things factor in to lower recoil, or should I say FELT recoil. One is the weight of the shotgun. Two is the load being fired. Also factoring in is the amount of recoil that the cycle is taking up. Most semi's are gas operated and a few are recoil operated. Also factoring into FELT recoil is the stock design. Some shotguns just "fit" better and reduce the impact by spreading it across the shoulder better. So factoring all that in either step down to a 20 gauge or or find a heavier shotgun.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

take a look at these, although a gas operated shotgun will have less recoil.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/a...3000&x=17&y=11
Old 05-04-2015, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I found 3 Remington 1100 in my area for just under $500.00. One fixed full choke, One with fixed mod choke and one with a poly choke.
The full choke and poly choke ones handled 3" shells the mod choke one only 2 3/4 .
They have a good reputation for a auto loader. Price is in your range too. You can help your shoulder by getting a shooting vest with shoulder pockets you can install gel pads in. My wife uses such a vest with the middle weight gel pad to keep from bruising her shoulder.
Similar to these but wife's is a Remington brand name and not so costly. she wears a light weight blaze orange over it.

http://www.nicashooting.com/browning...ing-vest-sand/

http://www.nicashooting.com/beretta-...ec-recoil-pad/

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 05-04-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mossberg 930 or 935