Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New toy in the toy box!!!!! >

New toy in the toy box!!!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New toy in the toy box!!!!!

Old 02-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New toy in the toy box!!!!!

I just picked up my new SpringField Armory Range Office Compact yesterday. Man its nice!!!!! One of the best factory boxes I have ever seen a weapon come in. Came with 2 mag's, double mag carrier, nylon bristle cleaning rod, over the belt retention holster. The real big thing that I really liked was the interchangeable/replaceable fiber optic front sight. Red/orange/neon green.
The action was the tightest I have ever seen besides my STI and Les Baer. The trigger breaks very clean. Match ready out of the box. more than likely won't be able to go to range till the weather breaks. I am not a fan of indoor ranges. They charge too much any more. I am going to use it for an ODC and cut back on carrying my other full size 1911's.
02-27-15. I took it out today in backyard, not quite cold enuf to shoot out the window like RR likes!!, and ran some +p+ out of it and she ran like a champ!!!! Was more of push than a lift. I then dropped some of my bullseye match loads in it and never a hick-up!!! Those +p+ loads the brass flew!!!! They cut the ejection port lower and brought the top down a tad. I would think less stove piping maybe. I REALLY like the box and accessories as well. Best I have ever seen!!! I have carried it 2x and dont even know its there!!I put it up against my Remington R1 for size comparison.
Attached Thumbnails New toy in the toy box!!!!!-100_3025.jpg  

Last edited by SecondChance; 02-28-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Spike

Looking forward to some pictures and a range report.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

just shoot out the window!
RR
Old 02-28-2015, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome! I've been looking at a full Sized Range Officer for my next 1911. Heard nothing but good things about them. Did you get it for a good price?
Old 02-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hartski
Awesome! I've been looking at a full Sized Range Officer for my next 1911. Heard nothing but good things about them. Did you get it for a good price?
$850 to my door.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

$850 seems like a good deal for the compact
Old 03-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hartski
$850 seems like a good deal for the compact
That's what I thought. From what I was told. They are hard to get. My Wholesaler was telling me that if she received 60 on Monday, they would go out Tuesday AM and she would still be backordered.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Have you ever looked at budsgunstock.com they have them for $741 with free shipping just have to pay what you ffl deal wants. They usually have good prices on most of their guns. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...+4%22+7RD+45BL