Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ER Shaw MarkVII? >

ER Shaw MarkVII?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ER Shaw MarkVII?

Old 01-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
I think I will go that route. You build guns Jeep? What kind of turn around would you say, after I got the donor? I like the 280 that I have but was wanting to get another and have actually considered the AI before.
Not personally. I'm helping my buddy start up his shop. I'm doing the website and advertising for him. Once up and running turn around will be about a month. He's worked for 3 of the big name TV shows/builders and now wants to do his own thing. He almost built me a 280 ack last week but I decided on a 270 win instead
Old 01-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knew he was sandbagging! adam how much to screw a 338 edge togather?
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 01-27-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I knew he was sandbagging! adam how much to screw a 338 edge togather?
RR
We haven't gotten a price list together yet, but it'll be around the same as most places. But depending on what ya want and what barrel. I may have a 338 RUM hawk hill barrel that you could punch out to an Edge...
Old 01-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid
We haven't gotten a price list together yet, but it'll be around the same as most places. But depending on what ya want and what barrel. I may have a 338 RUM hawk hill barrel that you could punch out to an Edge...
got all the parts, just need the smithwork done.
RR
Old 01-29-2015, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was looking at the 700 Long Range, pretty good price. I regrettably sold my 300 RUM Sendero a while back, these look pretty nice and priced really nice. I sold my Sendero for more than these are new.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...ong-range.aspx

Read a test in Field & Stream, I believe. They had a 30-06 and said they averaged .56" groups with factory ammo. Not bad for a budget long range gun, shooting factory loads. Remingtons MSRP $829, the gun shop I deal with has them in stock and on sale for $647, Cabelas has them for $699. I already have a pretty nice sporter in a 280 and was wanting a lighter gun for hunting these mountains, I might just buy me another gun to play at the range with instead. This gun looks promising for the money, I think I will get one in the old 30-06, brass every where and should be pretty sweet to shoot in that heavy gun. Heck the cheap Wal-Mart ADL's are $400, another $250 gets you this, its a no brainer in my book.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-29-2015 at 07:43 AM.