Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.35 Remington Core Lok >

.35 Remington Core Lok

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.35 Remington Core Lok

Old 12-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Spike

Default .35 Remington Core Lok

Did Remington discontinue the 200 grain .35 Remington Core-lok? I couldn't find it on their website. I use Hornady Leverevolutions, but, the cores are the staple of this round.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:21 AM
Spike

Never mind, my bad! I found them!
Old 12-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Once a highly common round,this great cal suffers what many not large sellin rounds do.It only gets made in short runs and not near what the other common rounds do.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theres been plenty of Hornady Leverevolutions in 35Rem around by me.One gunshop had over 40 boxes in stock.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Remington has reacted to the "late great ammo run" of the last few years like everyone else, they've taken everything but the most common 5-10 top sellers (9mm, 45acp, 223, 243, 270, 7mag, 30-30 & 30-06) & now are producing the rest of their line up in limited/seasonal runs. The 35 Rem 200cl is as classic as Cadillac tail fins & ball park hotdogs but boy finding ammo for it this year has been spotty at best! For actual hunting in my 1968 336RC (gdad handed his down to me as a teen in the mid-80s) lastyear I switched to the 220grn Buffalo Bore loads but even those are hard to find & certainly much more expensive.

I would've NEVER thought finding ammo for my ol 35 was gonna be tough! But the hooplah around the gun grabbers & the sudden influx of "modern shooters" & their silly collection of black pistols & AR style guns, has sure changed the landscape for "the rest of us". Sometimes I feel like the shooting industry has turned it's back on us conventional/traditional gunners! (The ONLY auto pistols I own & care to own more of are 1911s & I doubt I'll EVER own an AR style, the damn things feel like metal bricks in the hand. If I feel compelled to own a "black rifle" I'd just as soon have an ol AK or SKS in a KILLING caliber instead of a WOUNDING caliber)

I'm so sick of the ammo shortages of late that I've decided I'm going BACK to reloading after a 2 decade hiatus from it. I still have all my equipment, just need a few new components & I'll once again be free from the marketing whims of the ammo makers!
Old 12-22-2014, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Getting to a point...

you have to have an accountant or be an accountant and check the inventory availability of ammunition supplies and inventory control.
I know, it's "say what" to many. Manufacturers and the small dealers are all affected by inventory control and the recent shortages. And what elementary or high school teaches that.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by gcatlett
Did Remington discontinue the 200 grain .35 Remington Core-lok? I couldn't find it on their website. I use Hornady Leverevolutions, but, the cores are the staple of this round.
I do not think they discontinued it. You may be getting it confused with the .350 Remington Magnum which I think but am not sure may no longer be in Remington's cartridge catalog.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't know how much you are paying for them but here is Midway's price;

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/290...oint-box-of-20

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/449...ding-box-of-20

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-26-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

As far as my home state-PA- the .35 Remington is the classic deer cartridge. Seems it was bigger than the .30-30 here. And the 200 grain Core Lokt was the load. But because its been reduced to seasonal runs I think the Hornady Leverevo is the future of the round because its more available.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Goin back to reloadin ain,t gonna help you Hatchie if you can,t get the components.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.