Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement >

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Old 02-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please list some of these court cases so that I can look them up in the law library.

Example: Smith v Jones (2001)

The District would help also as would the name of the Judge. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

definitely share your research results, so far its been an MSN news page and a yahoo site and your thread is titled "massive recall" IIRC, all that Remington lists is rifles made from may '06 till april '14, that's not 75 million.
BTW lost in the mix is the fact that the first Remington trigger recall was the models 600 and 660, due to some kid had one loaded in a vehicle, and shot his friend, the triggers are the same as the 700's, this recall was in 1979, 17 years after the 700 came out
I have one of those also with the original walker trigger and its never went off either
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 02-07-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
definitely share your research results, so far its been an MSN news page and a yahoo site and your thread is titled "massive recall" IIRC, all that Remington lists is rifles made from may '06 till april '14, that's not 75 million.
BTW lost in the mix is the fact that the first Remington trigger recall was the models 600 and 660, due to some kid had one loaded in a vehicle, and shot his friend, the triggers are the same as the 700's, this recall was in 1979, 17 years after the 700 came out
I have one of those also with the original walker trigger and its never went off either
RR
I've already shared my research results on this thread and numerous other times regarding this Walker trigger issue. I believe we discussed this earlier in the thread, but if not, the word "recall" involving the court settlement that led to this thread being started by myself is now not actually being classified as a recall the way Remington ended up settling it. It is now strictly being called a court settlement and it allows anyone that wants to join the settlement to do so on their own IF they find out about it and IF they contact Remington on their own to see IF they have one of the rifles that the company will even cover. That was a very slick and relatively cheap way for Remington to get out of what would have probably been a total forced recall years ago if there was a government agency overseeing gun manufacturers like most other products that can kill or maim someone. However, there's not and this debacle has gone on for decades. You again also keep bringing up the present recall of the newer XMP trigger and I have addressed that numerous times, yet you keep trying to throw that out there as if I don't know the difference! This thread doesn't have anything to do with the XMP trigger recall other than Remington stated they planned on using that trigger assembly to replace any Walkers that are done under that settlement. I have not kept any data or files on this over the years and don't plan to start again doing something that anyone else can do if they have the time. People can argue this forever and unless Remington actually comes out in black and white and states they acknowledge a defect and are issuing a recall it will continue, so there is no need to continue this discussion when nothing will satisfy ones that think there is no problem even though there have been many thousands of people that have had them go off. That number may be in the upper 5, if not 6, digits as long as this problem has been going on. It's really amazing and probably a miracle that there hasn't been a lot more injuries and deaths with as many misfires that have occurred over the last few decades. Every thread I've ever read on this subject has people coming out of the woodwork saying the same thing has happened to them, they never touched the trigger or had any adjustments done, and they didn't know there was a problem because of the way Remington has tried to keep it quiet in their court settlements. Now just because the issue was brought out to the public by the major media in a TV show, which I incidentally have never watched, the media is being cast as the villain instead of the company that continued to manufacture a suspect product. I'm done with this as I really don't want to get banned and that's all that would happen if people keep pushing the issue and I've said as much as I can on it anyway!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-07-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

your posts contain nothing but an MSN "news" report and second hand info, means nothing, we want to hear all these court cases where Remington was sued over deaths from incidental discharges, since it has happened thousands of times you do have verified proof correct?
RR
Old 02-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's one court case you can look up and read if you have the time to read all the way thought it and it also mentions a lot of other similar complaints. If I can find one this fast, you can find more on your own, so please don't bother me any more on this subject.

Evelyn and Jack Lewy, Appellees, v. Remington Arms Co., Inc., Appellant
No. 86-2215
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE EIGHTH CIRCUIT
836 F.2d 1104; 1988 U.S. App. LEXIS 83; 24 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. (Callaghan) 516; CCH Prod. Liab. Rep. P11,662
October 14, 1987, Submitted
January 7, 1988, Filed
Old 02-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Here's one court case you can look up and read if you have the time to read all the way thought it and it also mentions a lot of other similar complaints. If I can find one this fast, you can find more on your own, so please don't bother me any more on this subject.

Evelyn and Jack Lewy, Appellees, v. Remington Arms Co., Inc., Appellant
No. 86-2215
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE EIGHTH CIRCUIT
836 F.2d 1104; 1988 U.S. App. LEXIS 83; 24 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. (Callaghan) 516; CCH Prod. Liab. Rep. P11,662
October 14, 1987, Submitted
January 7, 1988, Filed
that recall was initiated in 1979, in 1979 Remington dropped that feature of their rifles having to be on fire to unload, so the rifle was recalled and not sent in for repair.
took almost 4 hours from bigs post to find one, it is what it is, and has been since 1/11.....SOS
RR
Old 02-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

You asked for a court case and you were given one! There is no way even if you're a speed reader that you could have found that case and read it properly to come up with what you just stated with the lengthy findings in it and the short time from when I made that post to when you made yours and you weren't even on the site when I put it up!!! Take it somewhere else, as like I stated before, there is no way you Rem lovers will ever admit what is presented and that proves it. Who's bigs and it only took me about 3 or 4 minutes to do a Google search to find what you asked for, not 4 hours! Don't go away mad, just go away, as I've done what you asked and now all you are doing is making personal attacks that are against site rules and exactly why someone will get banned or the thread will end up being closed or deleted if you keep it up! Maybe that's your intent for all I know?! I'm sure you'll come back again, but you're going to be talking to yourself from here on because I'm not risking getting banned by responding to any more of your BS!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-07-2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

when the thread was started you were extremely passionate on your stance, now your biggest concern is being banned. If I believed in anything that strongly getting banned would be the least of my worries I'm not nor have not attacked anyone, just disagreeing.
and yes it was 4 hours from the time big uncle requested a list of court cases involving the Remington trigger and you producing one. your backing yourself into a corner and need a way out, we have been there before. not flaming anyone but if your gonna make post about how deadly these rifles are to owners and bystanders I want irrefutable proof, if you can't produce it then what have you accomplished? well your post count is going up!
RR
Old 02-08-2015, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, found link to this one (we've already discussed):

http://xmprecall.remington.com/
Old 02-08-2015, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

And this:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ll-apparently/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.