Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Savage 10 Front Action Screw >

Savage 10 Front Action Screw

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage 10 Front Action Screw

Old 12-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Spike

Default Savage 10 Front Action Screw

My Savage 10 is missing the front action screw. I'm having the darnedest time finding a replacement, too. Midway sells one, but it's too short for the wood stock (which is what I have), despite advertizing it as such. Brownells and several other places have them listed but they've been out of stock for several weeks now.

Any suggestions?

What size is the original? Perhaps I can find one at the hardware store.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Midway ad shows that it matches the factory original, so is your wood stock not the original one on the rifle? How much longer do you think you need the replacement screw to be compared to what they show as the one needed?
Old 12-03-2014, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Contact Savage customer service. have your serial number and model number handy.

http://savagearms.com/customerservice/

Al
Old 12-03-2014, 03:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
The Midway ad shows that it matches the factory original, so is your wood stock not the original one on the rifle? How much longer do you think you need the replacement screw to be compared to what they show as the one needed?
I'm just basing that off the reviews, one of which says, "This screw is for synthetic stocks, NOT WOOD" or something like that.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Barefoot Friar
I'm just basing that off the reviews, one of which says, "This screw is for synthetic stocks, NOT WOOD" or something like that.
Then if you haven't even tried it, why not spend the little they want for one and see if it works?
Old 12-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

1/4x28 tpi. I could measure mine but i'm using it and don't want to mess with the stock!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Just save time and do Savage customer service. Once they know th serial number and model number they will know what you need and many times a screw is sent free of charge.
They even sent me some scope bases I was not able to find locally free of charge.

Winchester sent me a front sight hood for a 60 year OLD model 94 free of charge once.

Customer service is to help the customer, most have 800 phone numbers, E mail addresses you can use also.

Al