Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
comment and give me a thumbs up >

comment and give me a thumbs up

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

comment and give me a thumbs up

Old 11-13-2014, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by aonking1
comment
Please study this before posting...thanks!
http://www.rong-chang.com/
Old 11-13-2014, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sad

This is what happens when you can't get a date, You stay home and play with your self.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would like to give these incessant spammers a thumb in the eye, not a thumbs up!
Old 11-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

The spammers are a definite PITA for mods (yes, we're the ones who get to delte all of their spam). Mods have been talking with Admin for quite some time about ways to prevent more spam with the software HNI uses. It's not as easy as simply banning an IP address since so many members also seem to use the same IP addies from time to time. Admin has been having the mods move the spam posts to a separate Admin/Mod only forum where Admin can go through the posts and ban obvious spam only IPs and/or email addies during the registration process. It's a bit time consuming as mods move the spam to the folder (sometimes we actually see it first and just do it before a complaint is filed), then permaban the spammer and finally clean up all of the leftover member responses to the spammer.

As you can guess, that takes a while. There are only 8 moderators in the mod list that are assigned to forums and have full mod status. Most listed moderators are either vendors or mods only for some kind of contest and do not have full mod status and authority (can ban people).

There are a bunch of Admin (administrators) listed but only one (HNI Christine) is the actual website Admin (all mods are under her in the pecking order). The rest of the listed Admins are actual employees of Internet Brands (IB) and are much higher in the food chain. They have HNI Christine and the full mods handle most of the day-to-day issues in the forums.

There are 28 Super Moderators listed. Of those 28, 5 are either IB employees or a generic log-in, such as "Admin" or "Moderator." Of the 23 remaining Super Moderators, one passed away recently and has been left as a super Mod as a continuing sign of respect and memorial to him (he was an all-around good guy and many of us were very sorry to see him pass).

This leaves 22 Super Mods and 1 Moderator-only to work on the spam. Of these 23 Mods, only 11 have logged in in the last week. 4 other Mods last logged in from 3-6 months ago (in 2014). And the rest haven't logged in anywhere since 2010 to 2013. That leaves 9 Super Mods, 1 regular Mod and 1 Super Mod--Site Admin (11 total) to handle all of the day-to-day stuff which includes chat rooms, spammers, rules violations, member complaints and everything else that comes along and needs fixin.

That's 11 Mods working on 58 Forums, 15 sub forums, complaint tickets (some of which are more complex after the next 20 or so members jumped into the flame-war) and chat (which is a minute by minute time consuming responsibility and isolates you from everything else while you're in a chat room).

Most of us have day jobs, spouses, families and other responsibilities. That's why most of the active mods are "in and out" (kind of like the burger chain) of the forums throughout the day and are often not logged in due to those other considerations.

In summary, I wish we didn't have to put up with spammers because they take up a LOT of Mod time and are very annoying. I wish the software had some magic button to fix the problem but it obviously doesn't. I'm sure I missed seeing some new spam while writing this lengthy response but sometimes members need/deserve to hear about the rest of the story and why (big moderator lists to the contrary), it's often only a handful of mods working on spam and other complaints, etc. on any given time or even day or week.

Hopefully this explains a little more about what is happening with spammers and other complaints at HNI.

CalHunter
Old 11-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

glad I ain't a mod!
RR
Old 11-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why not ??

I see you speak French -LOL !!!

You'd be great, come on................
Old 11-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

heck I'd permabann the spammers, a lot of members and 1/2 the mods, don't think I'd do well, to opininated.
RR
Old 11-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Careful, they might offer you a job.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

been there done that, got a t-shirt I never wear!
RR
Old 11-17-2014, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

don't know what the problem is, much like trolls if you ignore them they will go away...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.