Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
a buncha 22 questions >

a buncha 22 questions

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

a buncha 22 questions

Old 01-31-2002, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default a buncha 22 questions

i have a marlin 25n...i either want to set it up for target shooting....or buy a new rifle..i was wondering what all i can do to my marlin for better accuracy?? is there any aftermarket parts or anything or jsut what the factory sells? and does anshutz have a web site???i cant seem to find it

thanx
mauser06
Old 01-31-2002, 10:59 PM

Default RE: a buncha 22 questions

This may help:

http://www.championshooters.com/Anschutz.htm
Old 02-02-2002, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

mauser,,,i really like this website, these guys/gals really got it together when it comes to 22 upgrades

www.rimfirecentral.com
Old 02-02-2002, 06:48 AM
Host of Hosts

What kind of accuracy are you getting from it now?
Old 02-02-2002, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...and fite for ur guns...i can hold a 5 shot group 3 touchin 2 close...at 50ft prone pos...i think a trigger job i can bring the last 2 in...rite now i can cover most of my groups with a quarter...but i may buy an anshutz and shoot in competitions im lookin into it...idk yet...have to talk to my dad about it and see what he thinks...he told me b4 its upto me.. so i duno..thanx

mauser06
Old 02-02-2002, 10:07 AM
Host of Hosts

Mauser06, If you can afford an Anschutz, it would shrink your groups tremendously.

If you want a competition rifle Marlin also makes a few of them the 2000T and the 7000T
they are not the quality of an Anschutz, but if money is an issue then they will improve your scores too.

Another way to go would be to look for a used Winchester 52, or another make from your local gunshops, they are hard to find but not impossible.

I have also seen a few people use the Ruger 10/22 (check league rules first) for competition. The accessories available for them like bull barrels, thumhole stocks, aftermarket triggers make them quite appealing to some. I have been working on one
for my wife (composite barrel, Fajen stock, my own sear work,added a acessory rail and a few other improvements. I used a composite on hers only because she has a bad shoulder and weight was a factor, otherwise I recommend a steel bull barrel.

Good Luck and Good Shooting

Edited by - fight4yourguns on 02/02/2002 11:16:59
Old 02-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Host of Hosts

One more thing 06,

I've been shooting 4 position indoor for three years now and I love it. It is alot of fun. Being around a group of people with the same interests as you is also quite rewarding.

Good Luck
Old 02-02-2002, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

fite for your guns....i looked at the marlins...and the 10/22s and the winchesters...i also seen a few used anshutz at a shop....450$ range...will that anshutz shoot good? and thats what i am looking into is 3 position indoor small bore.. do you think i could win the money back if i invested in a expensive rifle?? im not in it for the money i just love to shoot and to show off my skills and it would be kool to get known...thanx alot

mauser06
Old 02-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Host of Hosts

I don't know about winning money , that would depend on your skills and the right matches I guess. But if you buy an Anschutz yu'll never have to but another competition rifle.If you found an Anschutz for $450.00 I think I'd buy it.
Old 02-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

are anshutz upgradable and everything? can i get barrels stocks triggers and the whole 9yds when i get the cash to buy it? or should i jsut wait and save for the whole 9yds? i kno i went to the site gregtaylor posted and they sell guns and stocks...will the fancy stocks fit a barrel and reciver of any anshutz..?
thanx
mauser06

Quick Reply: a buncha 22 questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.