Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 next new gun?...hmmm >

next new gun?...hmmm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

next new gun?...hmmm

Old 10-05-2003, 08:34 PM

Default next new gun?...hmmm

With all the new makes,models and forever increasing number of new rounds out there, what are we all going to buy as the new next gun????
Old 10-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: next new gun?...hmmm

Most of the consumer public will buy whatever the sage gunwriters tell them to buy. The gunwriters will hawk whatever product pays them the biggest kickback. Been that way for years and I doubt it will change soon.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never have been much to worry about a new fad. Some new things that come along offer an advantage over some others. Other new stuff does does the same old thing the old stuff did but now costs more.I have to wait until something new sparks an interest in me and go from there. Advancment in triggers really gets me going. Most new guns and calibers don,t do much for me. I hate real heavy guns and I hate short barrels even more so some light weight 24-26 inch barrels would be a big improvement. I usually wait on new stuff until the price comes down as it almost always does once the compitition gets started. Let somone else pay for thier research and trials.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don' t have enough of the old stuff yet . I can' t say that I' m that impressed with the new ones to even consider them .
Old 10-06-2003, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My next new gun will be a .338-06
Old 10-06-2003, 07:49 AM

Well, I had my .270, and this year got my .300 Win Mag, so my next gun will probably be a .243, .257, .25-06, or 6mm, and will probably be in a Winchester Model 70. I' ve read an awful lot about that gun, I think I should probably own one.

Also, Tikkas are pretty new, and they' re swwwwweeeeeeeeeet.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d like to have a few more guns you can' t ever have to many. I' d love to have the following to add to my collection, a Remington model 700 in 308, 260, 6mm, 257 Roberts
Old 10-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had good luck with the Winchester M70' s. So my next gun will probably be a M70 in a light caliber like a .243 or a .260.
If my other calibers were not already so similar to it, the 7MM-08 would be THE next one for me!
Other than the .260, the newer calibers just don' t impress me a lot!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:24 AM

I' m probably done with my Sako/Lazzeroni I like it that much, so now I' m eyein guns for my kids. I thought I was set on a 700ADL youth in 243. But the other day I picked up a Browning Abolt in 223 WSSMag and thought WOW! The gun is a full pound lighter than the 700 and the 243 WSSMag is a ballistic eqivalent of a 240 Wby but in a micro-package. I' m probably DOIN this one!!!

Yesterday while sittin in a bowhuntin blind, I got to thinkin about a 7mm or 30 WSSMag. I would imagine it would push those bullets equal to a 7-08 or 308. In such a short, lightweight and lightning quick package they would be awfully good lil woods guns for deer sized game would they not? I' m sure they would be an easy conversion for a custom builder to create and I wonder if maybe Winchester/Browning doesnt already have such ideas in the making?

And I still get evil thoughts and giggles of the day I get that McMillan 50BMG boltaction! [] Of course the Weatherby SuperBigGameMaster with the tanweb stock is GORGEOUS IMO. I wouldnt mind having one in 257 Wby Mag simply for farts and giggles. I have all the guns I " need" . But since was buying toys ONLY for need ever any fun???

And we' ll have fun fun fun till the Damocrats take em away!!!
RA
Old 10-06-2003, 09:59 AM

New gun should be here any day now. Tikka stainless/laminate in .270.

After that, I want to get a Benelli Super Black Eagle in 12 gauge, and a Franchi Veloce o/u in 20 gauge.

I think I' ll be done after that.

Quick Reply: next new gun?...hmmm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.