Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
300wm federal trophy bonded tip >

300wm federal trophy bonded tip

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

300wm federal trophy bonded tip

Old 04-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Spike

The rifle is a Tikka T3 Tactical in 308 with a 1 in 11 twist.

The cartridge was a Federal 165gr bonded don't remember the exact bullet (being that it was 09).

However like I said in an earlier post I spoke to the ATK rep about a year or so ago who was out at my range doing a ballistics demo said they have changed their bonding process which may have alleviated some of these issues. However I will still shoot any bonded bullet at distance to verify its accuracy prior to taking it to the field.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PPD7800
The rifle is a Tikka T3 Tactical in 308 with a 1 in 11 twist.

The cartridge was a Federal 165gr bonded don't remember the exact bullet (being that it was 09).

However like I said in an earlier post I spoke to the ATK rep about a year or so ago who was out at my range doing a ballistics demo said they have changed their bonding process which may have alleviated some of these issues. However I will still shoot any bonded bullet at distance to verify its accuracy prior to taking it to the field.
my suspicions are with the 11 twist, standard twist for a 308 is a 10.
RR