Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

cabelas

Old 03-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default cabelas

cabelas was running a special on the savage long range hunters. $150 off-didn't post actual price. i was wanting a 300wm but they only had a 6.5 284 in stock. i asked if they could transfer one in from another store. after checking the clerk said he thought he could. i asked how much it would be and he showed me the tag on the one on the shelf and said that would be it-$649.88. it came in yesterday and after doing the paper work and picking out the scope they had a price on the gun of $799.88. $150 more than the price i was quoted. the gun got here after the sail was off but the rack gun is still there at the 649 price. they tell me that is below their cost which i feel is irrelevant. if they don't come thru with the quoted price i am thinking i will not pay the higher price and let them keep the gun. what are your thoughts?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

if i were you i would take it up with managment or something if you havent already done so companys are normally pretty good about that knind of thing..it my have been a mistake..or some retard is trying to make a lil on the side
Old 03-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default Cabela's Guns

That doesn't surprise me for Cabela's. The Cabela's in Hamburg, PA will give very low trade in payments then sell the used gun for as much as a new one. I once bought a Mossberg 835 used from a local gun shop for $285. Cabela's gave me $200 and I saw it on the rack a few days later for $395. I also bought a used 870 Super Mag from them for $349. They gave me $200 and put it on their rack for $425. I no longer deal with their gun department.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why did you start another thread about this after just putting up the same thing several days ago? I know I have a short memory, but your other thread is not far down the line from this one in this same forum!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Why did you start another thread about this after just putting up the same thing several days ago? I know I have a short memory, but your other thread is not far down the line from this one in this same forum!
He double tapped the submit button. They were posted at 7:19 and 7:20 on March 14.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

Happy ending. i went back yesterday afternoon and talked to someone who i presume is the manager of the new firearms dept. took him about 2 minutes to honor the first price and in addition i got another $50 off as an in store rebate that they applied to the price of the gun. apparently the person i talked to didn't have the authority to discount the gun from their regular price to the sale price at the time i requested them to find me one. all in all i am very pleased with the way it was handled and since Cabelas is here in town it was no big deal to come back a second time to get my gun.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMO still take care of their "good" customers better than any other BIG outfitter.

Cabela's gear is some of the best stuff I own !!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Sheridan
IMO still take care of their "good" customers better than any other BIG outfitter.

Cabela's gear is some of the best stuff I own !!!
Agree 100% with that assessment!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kansaswiderack
Happy ending. i went back yesterday afternoon and talked to someone who i presume is the manager of the new firearms dept. took him about 2 minutes to honor the first price and in addition i got another $50 off as an in store rebate that they applied to the price of the gun. apparently the person i talked to didn't have the authority to discount the gun from their regular price to the sale price at the time i requested them to find me one. all in all i am very pleased with the way it was handled and since Cabelas is here in town it was no big deal to come back a second time to get my gun.
Nice. Glad they came around. Was the manager's name "Tim Beam" per chance? I may be confusing him with another guy I met recently, but that's the name that's coming to mind as "this is the guy you need to talk to about ____" whether the blank was special orders, price matching negotiation, etc etc. Kinda sad that you of the entire staff they have, only ONE DUDE has the authority to do good business.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunter177
That doesn't surprise me for Cabela's. The Cabela's in Hamburg, PA will give very low trade in payments then sell the used gun for as much as a new one. I once bought a Mossberg 835 used from a local gun shop for $285. Cabela's gave me $200 and I saw it on the rack a few days later for $395. I also bought a used 870 Super Mag from them for $349. They gave me $200 and put it on their rack for $425. I no longer deal with their gun department.
Oh the evil of free market capitalism !!!!!!

Caveat Emptor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.