Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
wax slugs... >

wax slugs...

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

wax slugs...

Old 02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default wax slugs...

has anyone on here ever herd of them? does anyone make/use them
Old 02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are homemade contraptions. There's a guy on Youtube that does a howto. What is your intended use?
Old 02-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

I just wanderd i didnt think they were very safe
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blaZer_2
I just wanderd i didnt think they were very safe
Very safe for what? You only punch it through a block of cooking parrafin and power it with a primer. Where is the danger?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not safe to shoot someone, it would sting like hell, but it won't hurt your gun. Works best if you drill out the flash hole with a 1/8" drill bit and mark the brass so it never gets loaded with a bullet. Like secondchance said just push the case through a sheet of wax. If you shoot into a box stacked with newspapers or cardboard, you can collect the wax and remelt it. Pour it out so the wax dries in a sheet and you can reuse it. I never made any wax slugs, but I've used my bullet molds to cast bullets made from hot glue, they're called gluelits. The hot glue bullets are even reusable, I shoot into a box filled with rags and it stops them undamaged. It's just a way to shoot your guns out in the garage if you can't get to the range.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
It's not safe to shoot someone, it would sting like hell, but it won't hurt your gun. Works best if you drill out the flash hole with a 1/8" drill bit and mark the brass so it never gets loaded with a bullet. Like secondchance said just push the case through a sheet of wax. If you shoot into a box stacked with newspapers or cardboard, you can collect the wax and remelt it. Pour it out so the wax dries in a sheet and you can reuse it. I never made any wax slugs, but I've used my bullet molds to cast bullets made from hot glue, they're called gluelits. The hot glue bullets are even reusable, I shoot into a box filled with rags and it stops them undamaged. It's just a way to shoot your guns out in the garage if you can't get to the range.
I used to collect them behind the target with a sheet hung and fell into a box underneath when I practiced my comp. shooting in my basement. Remelted them in a cake pan in the over on lowest setting for just a few minutes to melt it. Put in frig to toughen them up and pop loose from the pan. Wrap in wax paper and keep for the next go round.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just get a cap gun
RR
Old 02-25-2014, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Just get a cap gun
RR
It definitely sounded way cooler before I tried them, gets boring real quick.