Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 700sps vs remington model 7 synthetic >

Remington 700sps vs remington model 7 synthetic

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700sps vs remington model 7 synthetic

Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

No not all of the cdl have a detachable magazine. That is the cdl dm, they make the standard cdl, cdl sf stainless fluted, cdl sf limited edition that they make in one caliber.a.year like the old 700 classic. All new 700 have the x Mark pro trigger since 2009.
http://remington.com/pages/xmark-pro-trigger.aspx
Old 01-30-2014, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stickman12
Does your 700 mountain have the laminated stock.
Both my mtn's have a walnut stock with a matte finish. One has a blued barrel (.280), one a matte black barrel (.260). They are sweet. I passed up several opportunities at a stainless laminated mtn in .260 years ago, still kicking myself on that. My local gun shop actually had 2 of the lamintated/stainless mtn's in stock last summer, a .30-06 & .280.

I just really like the shorter/lighter guns. They fit my hunting style and needs very well. I also have a Ruger M77 Mark II compact in .243 that is my son's. He loves that thing and it drives tacks and man, it is TINY.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Both my mtn's have a walnut stock with a matte finish. One has a blued barrel (.280), one a matte black barrel (.260). They are sweet. I passed up several opportunities at a stainless laminated mtn in .260 years ago, still kicking myself on that. My local gun shop actually had 2 of the lamintated/stainless mtn's in stock last summer, a .30-06 & .280.

I just really like the shorter/lighter guns. They fit my hunting style and needs very well. I also have a Ruger M77 Mark II compact in .243 that is my son's. He loves that thing and it drives tacks and man, it is TINY.
I just ordered a model seven synthetic compact in a 243 yesterday. I had looked at the mark 2 compact. I really liked the mountain gun with the stainless and laminate but I couldn't find one. Do they not make them anymore?
Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

I just ordered a model seven synthetic compact in a 243 yesterday. I had looked at the mark 2 compact. I really liked the mountain gun with the stainless and laminate but I couldn't find one. Do they not make them anymore?
No they don't make the mountain rifle las only mountain rifle is the 700 mountain as. You will like the model seven.
http://remington.com/products/firear...ntain-lss.aspx

http://remington.com/products/firear...untain-ss.aspx
Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, unfortunately its not a factory offering anymore. It might be at some point in the future, they change what they offer every year.
You'll be happy with the Model 7, they are sweet little guns. And the .243 is awesome too
Old 02-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

One concern I had was the matte color of the model 7 barrel. I was wanting to buy a laminated stock if I got the model 7 but I don't know how the glossy stock will look with a matte barrel.
I have a model 700 (SPS) with the matte finish barrel in a Boyds laminate, satin finish stock,nutmeg color and IMO looks fine.

For the money I don't think you can beat Boyds laminate stocks!

However, im taking it off and replacing it with the original stock. Those laminate stocks are HEAVY ! Roughly 12oz difference between the two.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

ok thanks guys. So I have another question. If I get the model 7 and decide to get a laminated stock for it, Boyds stocks has a Remington model 7 short action magnum stock but they do not have the regular short action. Would this stock fit a 243? I know that the barrel on the magnum will probly be a little thicker so I didn't know if it would work.
The only difference is in the barrel and you could sand the channel out to get the barrel to float if you wanted too. And there isn't that much barrel size difference so you could have it done in about an hour(ish).