Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Coating Rem Stainless >

Coating Rem Stainless

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Coating Rem Stainless

Old 01-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Spike

Who said I wasn't successful?

I'm not really interested in subscribing to y'all newsletter on how good you think you are. To think you are aware of the game animals around at twilight or "dead if they are close enough to see the glow" is laughable as hell.

I've got my solution as pointed out above and I really won't need anything else.

Last edited by Ferguson Outfitters; 01-21-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Wow, ask for input....receive it....reply with snotty "I don't wanna hear about yer blah blah blah..." We'll all be sure to provide you feedback in the future...
Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Spike

I'm not snotty, just don't need the know it all attitude. No, if the animal is close enough to see the barrel glow, you aren't necessarily good enough to have your dead animal. Anyone who has spent time in the woods at twilight knows you might have animals all around you that your human eyes cannot see...Period.

Its not barrel flash, its a light spectrum coming off the barrel.

"Not enough info from OP". Thats the thing, I didn't ask anyone to assess my barrel/game situation,I've done that myself. I'm not going to post my dossier, but I'm qualified.

Thanks though. I do appreciate feedback but didn't plan to get in a debate over someone else's firearms and hunting expertise, or their misconception of my lack thereof.

Last edited by Ferguson Outfitters; 01-21-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:24 AM
Spike

Again, I didn't ask about those issues. I only asked about the available coating options.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

A can of Camo spray paint flat black. Two coats and your good painted my remington 1100 barrel with it 10 years ago. Still staying on great not a mark coming off.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 AM
Spike

Sounds about right, thanks
Old 01-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

If you wanted to get it off all you need is acetone takes it right off.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

If you sprayed painted it then their is no need to oil the barrel. I have a friend that sprayed all his stainless guns with flat black paint. Removed the paint 10 years later and no rust. Have a valley 412 painted for turkeys probably been painted 20 years no paint has been removed on metal parts on paint been fined of pieces.of stock where handled a lot.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ferguson Outfitters
Who said I wasn't successful?

I'm not really interested in subscribing to y'all newsletter on how good you think you are. To think you are aware of the game animals around at twilight or "dead if they are close enough to see the glow" is laughable as hell.

I've got my solution as pointed out above and I really won't need anything else.
I didn't realize that I was posting a newsletter on how good I think I am. I was just trying to show that I have more hunting experience than sitting in a blind in front of a game feeder, and that I have hunted with my Rem 700s with stainless barrels. Fifty years of 1 and 2 freezers full of game meat, and 70+ mounts of my better game animals (most taken DIY on public land) show me how well I hunt.

Since y'all already had figured out that a $3 paint job on a $700-1,000 rifle was the solution to y'alls problem, why did y'all ask for our opinions?

I also see by your name and signature that you have an outfitting business. Are you also this rude to your paying clients?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

I use hunters specialties paint I have also used it on ladder stands that never come out of the woods the paint faded after about 5 years but still didn't come off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.