Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Help cutting a Benelli Comfortec stock down >

Help cutting a Benelli Comfortec stock down

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help cutting a Benelli Comfortec stock down

Old 12-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help cutting a Benelli Comfortec stock down

Want to set-up a 12ga for my daughter. She is definetly a lefty which makes this tougher. Not much out there for left handed semi-auto. I'm thinking about a Benelli M2 in Max4. I've looked inside the recoil pad, it looks like I could shorten it about 1" to 1 1/8"

Has anyone out there ever cut one down? Any tips?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2013, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess there's nothing to it but to try it, but I know I wouldn't. I have a bunch of Comfortec Benelli's, looking at them now, I don't think I'd believe it could be cut down and still work out properly. Not to mention, that's about a $200 mistake if it doesn't work. Let alone when she grows up and might need a full length stock again (my wife is 5'3" and shoots 2 full length pull Benelli Comfortec's). You should be able to adjust the Comfortec stock shims inside to fit a lefty just fine (it worked for me, I shoot some of my shotguns left handed).

I'd go aftermarket for a different stock rather than cutting down the factory one.